Question Switched every component but still stuttering

Nov 29, 2021
So, i have this problem for over a year now, where i have stuttering in games.

Things i have done software wise:
-Reinstalled windows 10 many times
-Tried installing, uninstalling drivers
-Tried windows 11
-Tried changing settings in games, in windows
-Updating Bios
-Changing Bios settings
-And some other things in registry that i found online.

Things that i have tried hardware wise:
Changed motherboard from Gigabyte B365 HD3 to Asrock B365 Pro4
Tried the video card that was laying arround
Tried the other PSU that was laying arround
Bought another 8gb ram stick so i have 16gb. And tested it alone(the new one)
Tried taking out HDD
Changed my ssd from SATA to m.2
Changed my Cpu from Intel i3 9100F to i5 9400F
Tried running without a case
Tried the other monitor that was laying arround
Went to the friends house to test only with my PC( only the pc ). Still was the same. So that rules out my cables, monitor, microfone, webcam, monitor, keyboard, mouse, internet.

Current specs:
-Motherboard- Asrock B365 Pro4
-CPU- Intel i5 9400F
-RAM- 16GB G skill 2666Mhz dual channel
-Video card- Gigabyte Gtx 1650 super D6 single fan
-Storage- 256 GB SSD M.2 Xpg spectrix S40G
-Storage- 500Gb HDD
-PSU- Be quiet power 9 400W
-Cpu fan stock
-Monitor- Old LG Flatron W2243S

I probably forgot some things that i have done software wise, but you get it that i have done everything hardware wise and 99% software wise.
The stuttering in not the same in all games. But it occurs in all games. In some games i can barely notice it.
Games like: Rocket League, League of Legends, Rust, Warzone, Dead by Daylight, CSGO, Fortnite, Red dead redemption 2, Battlefield 1 , Battlefield 5, Minecraft
-TEMPS ARE ALL GOOD-
I recorded what i am experiencing
View: https://imgur.com/a/3RhtxwH
- That is footage of fortnite LOW settings same stuttering is on High settings
View: https://imgur.com/a/Ut5aFXG
- But then there is Warzone which is fine. But with some random micro stutters.
i have noticed that the most stuttering happens in Minecraft (single player,) and fortnite

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021
all I see is cpu is max out.
check the temp? check for malware? how full is the ssd?

if you shake like that ingame, not sure if anything is enough
the game detail look high. should lowest it
The temps are good as you can see, No malware, scanned for viruses and reinstalled windows many times. SSD is half full.
The cpu looks to be maxing out, but only in fortnite lowest setings when Warzone is much more demanding and i can run it no problem medium settings.

I will only speak from my experience here.

RDR 2 is a very intensive and heavy game for both CPU and GPU, not surprise you have some "stutter" every now and then with a i5 9400 + GTX 1650. Im guessing the game work better now since you added extra 8GB of RAM

Battlefield 5 is mostly the same, difference is that for me BF5 is a more poslished product all around.

What I found about Minecraft is that stutter/lag is usually related to how big and how complicated the map you are playing is.

This extra 8GB of RAM you added, is the same brand and model of the one you had installed already ?, Have you tried, or are they, runing them in dual channel?

It may not help but is not a bad idea to run userbenchmark (https://www.userbenchmark.com/) and share the full result link here for members to take a look at it.

Mar 30, 2022
So, the stutters you experienced in the Fortnite lobby most likely had to do with ''shader compilation'' that the CPU needs to compile. Because that is an intensive task the CPU tends to be taxed alot hence the 100% hits . The reason why you didnt experience that in Warzone (some microstutters) is because the shaders there are precompiled when you first start the game. Last, PC games are just not optimized very well as they could be so thats why games are going to run like <Mod Edit>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 29, 2021
I will only speak from my experience here.

RDR 2 is a very intensive and heavy game for both CPU and GPU, not surprise you have some "stutter" every now and then with a i5 9400 + GTX 1650. Im guessing the game work better now since you added extra 8GB of RAM

Battlefield 5 is mostly the same, difference is that for me BF5 is a more poslished product all around.

What I found about Minecraft is that stutter/lag is usually related to how big and how complicated the map you are playing is.

This extra 8GB of RAM you added, is the same brand and model of the one you had installed already ?, Have you tried, or are they, runing them in dual channel?

It may not help but is not a bad idea to run userbenchmark (https://www.userbenchmark.com/) and share the full result link here for members to take a look at it.
That extra 8gb ram is the same brand and model but the max Mhz is not the same because the same one was way more expensive. Tried using one stick, but still the same.
Userbenchmark link https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51589294

Nov 29, 2021
So, the stutters you experienced in the Fortnite lobby most likely had to do with ''shader compilation'' that the CPU needs to compile. Because that is an intensive task the CPU tends to be taxed alot hence the 100% hits .

The reason why you didnt experience that in Warzone (some microstutters) is because the shaders there are precompiled when you first start the game.

Last, PC games are just not optimized very well as they could be so thats why games are going to run like <Mod Edit>.
Yes that may be, but even games like League of Legends have small micro stutters

Last edited by a moderator: