Switched hard drive and having major problems

Peter_58

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
I have an Acer aspire v5 laptop and recently had a hard drive failure which was fine. I bought a new 500gb 2.5 data disk drive and put it in the computer. Unfortunately I did not back up any files and thus I used a windows 10 ISO file burned on a DVD to boot the computer. Everything worked well and It was running smooth. About a week later I started experiencing a bsod which said, "system thread exception not handled" and so I restarted but could not login because of this bsod. I resorted to troubleshooting and trying various things like system reset but still experienced the same problem. I tried reverting in which I pick an earlier date and the system reverts back to that date. I got an error message, however when it restarted it worked but I had to make a new windows 10 account. I noticed it was very slow and in task manager the disk was running at 99% so I restarted the computer a few times only to end up where I am currently. The computer will start but I don't even get the Acer start up screen. I cannot enter into my bios as far as I know. The disk in the hard drive sounds normal and is spinning. This leads me to belief it could be another hardware issue. I would rather get an experts opinion on this though. Thanks!