System automatically restarts....

Dushyant Deshwal

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
SITUATION 1__ When i am working the system restarts itself and then when it starts the hard drives are not detected by the system hence it do not boot.

SITUATION 2____ After finishing my work i turned off my system and started again next day the drives where not recognised by the system and hence showed that "NO BOOT MEDIA AVAILABLE"

The thing i know how to solve but it is temporary.I just remove all the drives except the drive with Windows Installed.So the system detect the drive and i then reconnect all the drives and restart. then it is ok. But after sometime (random like after A day or 2,4,5 days) the same problem occurs and i have checked all the drives a detected by the system when working.

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64bit
4GB RAM
DH77EB MOTHERBOARD
HITACHI ATA HARD DISK (232GB)
WD HARD DISK

Dushyant Deshwal

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014

Thank you,and sorry for late reply.Actually i just now changed all the sata and power cables with new ones and its working.Hope it works like that.

Dushyant Deshwal

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014

Hi Again,
It worked for sometime and i also realized that i had a failing hard drive so i changed it and upgraded to Kingston UV400 240GB SSD . In addition to that i purchased a retail pack of windows 10 and installed it on the drive. I started experiencing the same problem again even before changing everything.
I changed the hard drive and bought windows 10 to make sure that it was not a hard drive or software error.
I also tried another PSU for some time but the problem persisted .

Now, in all these days i also figured out that it only happened when i was using my AC unit in my room and recently there were some repairs done with heavy machinery in use also triggered the problem.

*This shows i posted this in 2014 ??*