Question System freezes on boot ?

Feb 17, 2023
Hi. For a while now, I’ve had issues booting my pc. I’ll start up and sometimes it will pause on the CPU debug, sometimes on DRAM debug. Usually it makes it to the MSI boot screen, but then the screen freezes. Very rarely makes it to desktop. I am at my wit’s end on this because I have tried everything. Unplugged and replugged, reseated, flashed bios, everything. My hardware is pretty new (listed below). My theories have come down to PSU failing (or lack of proper wattage) or failing MoBo. Any ideas? Attached a video of issue as well.

Demonstration

Specs:
i7-11700kf
Msi rtx 4070
32gb 3600mhz ddr4 (4 sticks)
1tb WD m.2
4tb seagate barracuda
1tb seagate hdd
Silverstone 650W 80plus gold

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of the motherboard. As for the BIOS, what version are you on?

Silverstone is the brand of the unit while 650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. 80plus gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the model of the unit and how old is the unit?

Does the issue crop up when using 2 sticks of ram? Speaking of rams, got a link to the rams you're working with?

Feb 17, 2023
You forgot to mention the make and model of the motherboard. As for the BIOS, what version are you on?

Silverstone is the brand of the unit while 650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. 80plus gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the model of the unit and how old is the unit?

Does the issue crop up when using 2 sticks of ram? Speaking of rams, got a link to the rams you're working with?
Was late last night, completely forgot those things.
Z590 Pro Wifi
BIOS: E7D09IMS.150
Working with the g.Skill ripjaws V ddr4 3600
I tried 2 sticks before and after a couple boots it held the same problem
PSU Model # SST-ET650-G
Can’t remember exactly how old it is but it is the oldest unit in my PC

For more info, if it makes it past all debug lights and to boot, it only freezes when booting up fully, if I go straight to bios it doesn’t freeze. It’ll stay working for as long as I have bios opened.

Last edited by a moderator: