[SOLVED] System freezing, weird boot loading

Mar 20, 2020
Upgraded to msi z390 carbon, formated all drives and started from scratch basically. Reinstalled everything, worked perfectly all day. Next day booted up and kept freezing at log in. Decided to update bios and everything worked perfectly...for two days. After going to boot today same issues, black screen after “msi” logo, or freezes after typing password in(immediately after) cleared bios battery and left everything on default besides ram speed @ 3200mhz. seemed to work loaded right in but then froze on desktop, things wouldn’t load right away like normal then just all flooded in at once and froze. Did this two more times after rebooting. Changed nothing besides mother board, ram is in correct slots and all parts compatible. Tried trouble shooting in safe mode and said it found nothing....i’m lost.
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz
I5-9600k
2070super FE
Msi z390 carbon
750w power supply

Solution
Reactions: Trepalium
Solution
Mar 20, 2020
I don't know why you would, "formated all drives". Ideally, you would start out with an empty unformatted drive. Windows would make the partitions it needs automatically without you formatting anything.
I may be using the wrong terminology, i cleared the SSDs before installing the new mobo and windows because i was told it’s no good to reinstall <Mod Edit> on top of existing files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 20, 2020
  1. Remove the 2070 GPU, use onboard iGPU to boot the PC, if the PC works fine, go to next step.
  2. May test the RAM with https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm do it one by one.
  3. If the RAM does pass the tests, use "reliability monitor tool " to see you will get something or not.
How to https://www.howtogeek.com/166911/re...windows-troubleshooting-tool-you-arent-using/
4) Also go into the BIOS, check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V to see what the voltages look like.
We are putting my old z370 back in and taking the board back to micro center. They apparently sold us an open box board that they labeled as new. So fairly certain that’s the issue since i’ve had zero problems before this and the pc isn’t even a year old. Thanks for all the info though. Definitely saving it all. I’m at my friends now and it’s all working perfectly of course.