[SOLVED] System Idle Process using lots of my cpu WHILE using the cpu

Kruemnek

Commendable
Aug 3, 2020
There is a process called System Idle Process , it has a really high cpu usage . I googled it and saw that it's a process that uses cpu while the cpu is a idle and it's not a problem because it should stop when i start to use it. But i've noticed that when i'm playing games, it doesn't stop. It uses a lot of cpu WHILE im playing and my fps drops really really hard. This is a serious problem for me and i don't know how to fix it. Any help?

Solution
There is a process called System Idle Process , it has a really high cpu usage . I googled it and saw that it's a process that uses cpu while the cpu is a idle and it's not a problem because it should stop when i start to use it. But i've noticed that when i'm playing games, it doesn't stop. It uses a lot of cpu WHILE im playing and my fps drops really really hard. This is a serious problem for me and i don't know how to fix it. Any help?
Games don't really use modern CPU's heavily. In fact, if you've a modern multi-core/multi-thread CPU they use it quite LIGHTLY as even a fast paced FPS shooter at low resolution is only using one or two of it's threads heavily. That leaves the rest of the threads, a lot of processing...
Games don't really use modern CPU's heavily. In fact, if you've a modern multi-core/multi-thread CPU they use it quite LIGHTLY as even a fast paced FPS shooter at low resolution is only using one or two of it's threads heavily. That leaves the rest of the threads, a lot of processing capability, sitting idle. So the idle process takes that and uses it for Windows' background tasks.

If it's a triple-A type game, especially at high resolution, your FPS can drop really, really hard when your GPU becomes overloaded and can't pump out pixels fast enough. That means the CPU has to wait for the GPU...while the CPU's waiting it's idle. The idle process doesn't want that to go to waste so catches up on some more of it's unfinished business.

What CPU and GPU do you run?

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS