[SOLVED] System stuck in infinite boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2023
So I just built a system with a Ryzen 5 1600, ddr4 16x2 2666 ecc memory, and a rx 590. After I powered it on it didn’t work, so I tried the usual troubleshooting methods, reseating all my cables, replacing the cmos, reseating the cpu and ram yet still nothing. I’ve been trying for a couple of days now so if anyone has any suggestions I’d be glad to hear them.
Edit: forgot to mention my mobo name Asrock ab350 pro4

D

Deleted member 2947362

what type of ECC ram ? unbuffered ECC should work but I'm not sure if registered ECC will work? From what I have read ECC RAM AMD only unofficially supports, so it might work or it might not.

D

Deleted member 2947362

I have no experience to say if it will or not, but from what I have read ECC unbuffered should work.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Do you think unregistered would work?
Best bet is to search for ECC support for Ryzen 5 1600 or 1st gen ryzen CPU's , try and find a few posts of people who are using ECC ram with their 1st Gen Ryzen cpu's.

Some sites that sell ram will check your motherboard to see what ram will work with your system like crucial ram

But not sure if you can make it check for ECC ram only?

You could email crucial and ask what ECC ram they have which will work with your system they will be able to advise better than I could.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 9, 2023
Best bet is to search for ECC support for Ryzen 5 1600 or 1st gen ryzen CPU's , try and find a few posts of people who are using ECC ram with their 1st Gen Ryzen cpu's.

Some sites that sell ram will check your motherboard to see what ram will work with your system like crucial ram

But not sure if you can make it check for ECC ram only?

You could email crucial and ask what ECC ram they have which will work with your system they will be able to advise better than I could.

Alright I’ll update you when I get the new memory, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.