[SOLVED] System won't boot? Repetative short beeps?? Help please!

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Ok, so I have just got myself an amd rx 580 8gb msi armor to replace my gtx 1060 3gb.
Since the gpu was too big to fit in the case I had to get a new one. After I had got the case I whipped over all the parts from the small case to the larger one, plugged in the cables, and when I try to start, I hear repetitive short beeps, no restart whatsoever, no beep count, no video, no nothing,, just endless beeping.
Here's what I've already tried in order to tackle the issue:
-removed gpu
-unplug ssd+hdd
-remove, then re-insert both ddr3 ram modules
-reset cmos via jumper (screwdriver)
-reset cmos with battery removal

only front panel jumper currently enabled is the one labled speaker, if I unplug that I hear no beeping, yet the screen remains dark

What could I do? Could it be that the gpu has burnt down my mobo?
-specs:
board: gigabyte h81m-s1
cpu: i5-4670
gpu: none after removing the rx 580
ssd+hdd
-8gb corsair cmx3 ddr3 1600mhz ram
psu: corsair cx450
One thing I have done was fiddling with my aftermarket cooler, so took it o by accident, but the paste wasn't dry, so I put it back.
Anybody ever experienced this? Any help guys? Much appreciated!

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
update: During resetting cmos with jumper and screwdriver, the fans stop, and when I release it, they spin and beeping restarts. Also if I keep it too long, they just restart and beep. :(((

lynx1021

Distinguished
You are supposed to reset the CMOS with all power off and unplugged , It may damage the BIOS doing it with power on it, Read the manual! Make sure you don't have and extra standoffs under the board shorting it out in that larger case.

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
You are supposed to reset the CMOS with all power off and unplugged , It may damage the BIOS doing it with power on it, Read the manual! Make sure you don't have and extra standoffs under the board shorting it out in that larger case.
Sir, if there is no power than what could happen???
Oh well but it still beeps no matter what same error soo what if there are no stand offs conflicting?

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Way to go man, now I get startup... aand beeeeep bep bep bep, so a few seconds silence, then one long 3 short? Do you think this means the problem is not with my mobo? I_ feel hope... Also my mouse gets a signal when beeps, but not monitor. It says no dvi but i have a vga plugged in...

lynx1021

Distinguished
Sir, if there is no power than what could happen???
Oh well but it still beeps no matter what same error soo what if there are no stand offs conflicting?
As long as the power cord is plugged in there is a small amount of power going to the motherboard even if it is turned off. I Am glad you were able to get it going. That other memory may be bad or doesn't want to seat correctly. I read where one guy had to reseat his memory 4 times to get his board working again.