Question System Won't Post. Solid Orange LED on PWR, Red LED on CPU (Mrk 1 TUF Z270)

Dec 19, 2019
Upgraded my computer and used a mix of old and new parts. When I turn on the system, I can see the fans spinning on both the cooler and the GPU.
Things I've tried:
Unplugged and firmly replugged connections to motherboard: No Post
Swapping Ram/ Using 1 stick: No post
No GPU: No Post
Swapping PSU: No Post

There is an Orange LED on the Power and a Red LED on the CPU. The CPU is my previous 6700 I7 on my old build. When I took it out of my previous build I saw nothing bent and made sure to wipe all of the residual thermal paste on it before applying a fresh coat. I have gone through the previous checklist posted on the sticky threads to no avail. Any ideas if it's a problem with the motherboard or the CPU?
Edit to include system specs
CPU: I7 6700
GPU 1070
Motherboad: Mark 1 TUF Asus z270 (New)
PSU: Corsair 750 rm (new)
Ram: Old 32gb ram DDR4 / Swapped with new DDR4 4gb ram 2800
Cooler: H100 Corsair AIO

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019
List your system specs.
I assume your new components were brand new.

Make sure you plugged the power cables to the GPU and that the CPU 4 or 8 pin power cable is plugged to the motherboard (Not only the big 20+4 pin multicolored cable).

I have updated the thread with system specs for clarification. Yes, I have plugged in the 24 ATX to the motehrboard, 8 pin to the GPU and the CPU power at the top of the motherboard

Dec 19, 2019
Im fighting the same problem today. Except its Ryzen build.
Good luck and ill let you know if something helped me on my issue. Maybe it will help you

Dec 19, 2019
Same here. I think I've narrowed it down to a CPU or motherboard problem.
Mine booted after i took everything apart and put it together.
Then once it didnt post, i put in different GPU (you dont need as you have intel) and removed battery and then it booted.
I dunno. Guys tell me to try different PSU as they say mine is crap although my brother has one for almost 10years and still works fine.

TRENDING THREADS