[SOLVED] System won't start up

martijndes

Honorable
May 16, 2016
Hello, I have build a few PC's before and never had this issue before. As far as I know I put all the cables into their position and all the components as well. The problem however is once I try to power on the system, nothing happens. I think it might be the powersupply, since the fan inside moves a tiny bit and nothing else seems to happen. Does anyone know a solution? Is the powersupply broken or might is be something else? If you'd like more information I'm happy to let you know.

The system consists off:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
GPU: AMD RX 6650 xt
Motherboard: Gigabyte A520M H
PSU: EVGA W1 700w 80+ White
SSD M. 2: Lexar NM710
MEMORY: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance lpx 3200

Solution
Breadboard the system with bare minimum parts, no storage, try with another PSU from a friend(borrowed, not bought) who owns a reliably built unit and see if that alleviates the issue.

martijndes

Honorable
May 16, 2016
Without the discrete GPU in the build, are you able to get the system to POST? Try with one stick of ram.

Thank you for the fast reply! I took out the GPU and tried to start it up with either of the ram sticks. Still nothing happened, I'm not sure it went into POST at all.
Anything else that might cause the system to not start at all?

martijndes

Honorable
May 16, 2016
Even if it didn't POST does the fan on the CPU/APU spin? if so, that would at least mean that power is being fed to your platform. This could be a case of a corrupt BIOS for the motherboard. You can try recovering the BIOS with that QFlash button on the back of your motherboard. You will need to refer to page 6 on this guide.

The fan on the CPU does not spin. Nothing moves or turns ons (Fans and Led). Only the 'fan' inside the powersupply moves a tiny bit, but it's almost unnoticeable. It's like the powersupply wants to turn on but dies immediately. Not sure if that's the case though.

TRENDING THREADS