Task Bar hiding problem

I use the HIDE TASK BAR feature to keep it off screen til I want it. It
usually works fine. Occasionally, however, it decides to pop up and stay up.
Reclicking the feature off, then on again, is just a temporary fix - within
minutes if not moments, it pops up again.

I couldn't locate any reference to the problem in the knowledge base.

Any other thoughts?

TIA

Elliott

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Where is the cursor when this happens?
"Elliott Alterman" <ealterman@NOSPAMPLEASE.cox.net> wrote in message
> I use the HIDE TASK BAR feature to keep it off screen til I want it. It
> usually works fine. Occasionally, however, it decides to pop up and stay up.
> Reclicking the feature off, then on again, is just a temporary fix - within
> minutes if not moments, it pops up again.
>
> I couldn't locate any reference to the problem in the knowledge base.
>
> Any other thoughts?
>
> TIA
>
> Elliott

No consistent location that I have seen.

"Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> wrote in message
> Where is the cursor when this happens?
> "Elliott Alterman" <ealterman@NOSPAMPLEASE.cox.net> wrote in message
> > I use the HIDE TASK BAR feature to keep it off screen til I want it. It
> > usually works fine. Occasionally, however, it decides to pop up and stay
up.
> > Reclicking the feature off, then on again, is just a temporary fix -
within
> > minutes if not moments, it pops up again.

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

When hiding the taskbar, it pops up whenever the cursor touches the bottom of
the display. It remains in view as long as the cursor is at the bottom. How
does yours deviate?
> No consistent location that I have seen.
>
> "Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> wrote in message
> > Where is the cursor when this happens?
> > "Elliott Alterman" <ealterman@NOSPAMPLEASE.cox.net> wrote in message
> > > I use the HIDE TASK BAR feature to keep it off screen til I want it. It
> > > usually works fine. Occasionally, however, it decides to pop up and stay
> up.
> > > Reclicking the feature off, then on again, is just a temporary fix -
> within
> > > minutes if not moments, it pops up again.

It pops up - and stays up. This morning it happened again. After about 6
attempts at resetting the Properties to turn pop-up off and then on again,
it seems to have taken hold - at least for the last hour or so.

> When hiding the taskbar, it pops up whenever the cursor touches the bottom
of
> the display. It remains in view as long as the cursor is at the bottom.
How
> does yours deviate?
> "Elliott Alterman" <ealterman@NOSPAMPLEASE.cox.net> wrote in message

Hi Elliott,
I have 'Auto Hide' and 'Keep the task bar on Top' unchecked. It works fine for me. I'm using XP Pro.
J.J.