Task Manager Window

All of a sudden the ctrl-alt-del keys do not bring up the
Task Manager Window. Does anyone know what might have
caused this and/or how to retrieve it? I have Windows XP.

It worked for 2 yrs now but hasn't in last few months.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Sav6802

What does happen when you press CTRL-ALT-DELETE?

--
Thayn Moore
Software Design Engineer - Test

"Sav6802 (deletethis) @aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:2c6301c4afb1$b2de6cd0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> All of a sudden the ctrl-alt-del keys do not bring up the
> Task Manager Window. Does anyone know what might have
> caused this and/or how to retrieve it? I have Windows XP.
>
> It worked for 2 yrs now but hasn't in last few months.
>
> Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> Sav6802

LarryS

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2002

On a parallel problem, upon opening the task manger only the applications
view is displayed - no tool bar and no tabs for processes, networking, etc.
Closing is only by Alt-F4. Any thoughts on how to repair it?

Thanks
LarryS

"Sav6802 (deletethis) @aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:2c6301c4afb1$b2de6cd0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> All of a sudden the ctrl-alt-del keys do not bring up the
> Task Manager Window. Does anyone know what might have
> caused this and/or how to retrieve it? I have Windows XP.
>
> It worked for 2 yrs now but hasn't in last few months.
>
> Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> Sav6802

Hi Larry

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314227
This behavior may occur if Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint mode. If you
double-click the empty space in the border around the tabs, Task Manager switches to
this mode.
To switch Task Manager to its typical display mode, double-click the top border of
the window.

"LarryS" <raglan@orange.net> wrote in message
> On a parallel problem, upon opening the task manger only the applications view is
> displayed - no tool bar and no tabs for processes, networking, etc. Closing is only
> by Alt-F4. Any thoughts on how to repair it?
>
> Thanks
> LarryS

Task Manager - Control/Alt/Delete - Doesn't work
Check your settings here: For Pro

Start/Run/gpedit.msc. User Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Crtl+Alt+Del
Options. In the right pane double click Remove Task Manager and enable it.

Also, if you have disabled the Alerter Service, CAD will be disabled. If neither of
these are the case and the Task Manager only opens for a few seconds, then closes:

This behavior can be caused by a virus. One of three:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.gen@mm.html
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.e@mm.html
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html