Taskbar at bottom of screen is chopped in half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicymarmalade

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
This is my 3rd thread in total about this issue (I first had it last November) and I've asked here before some months ago when the issue appeared again but now I have a screenshot to show. Like the title says, my taskbar is chopped in half and I can only see part of the icons on the screen. I first had this issue last November and did fix it but completely forgot how. It returned a few months ago and I've tried everything but have no idea how to fix it this time.

This is what the taskbar looks like, sorry for the small size.
http://imgur.com/IT6hSNs

Since I've had the issue for awhile, I've tried everything to fix it. My monitor resolution is set at it's standard size, moving the taskbar upwards or to the side still results in it appearing chopped in half, and none of the options for moving the taskbar fixed it. I think it might be a monitor issue but I'm not sure. When I fixed the issue almost a year ago, I remember it was very simple and I didn't have to do anything technical. I just don't remember what I did exactly.

Can someone please help?

mkernetix

Reputable
Sep 14, 2015
Go to "Control Panel" then "Taskbar and Navigation". Make sure to "Uncheck" "Lock the Taskbar". Hit "Apply" then "OK". You will now be able to expand your taskbar by positioning your cursor on the top line of the taskbar, then just pull it up onto your screen. When complete, go back and "Check" "Lock the Taskbar".

Status
Not open for further replies.