[SOLVED] Taskbar unresponsive when using a Logitech MX Verticle mouse ?

Mlit

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
This is a problem my father is having with his Logitech MX Verticle mouse. He says the problem has persisted for a while now but can't be sure how long. It appears that on first time connection - whether on boot or whenever the mouse is plugged in - that Windows's task bar becomes unresponsive until task manager is opened, after which Windows appears to work correctly again.

I have tried his mouse on my own system and it causes the task bar to become unresponsive, and have tried my mouse on his system (an older Logitech model) which works perfectly without issues.

Is there a problem with the mouse attempting to connect? While the taskbar is unresponsive during this issue, you can right click on the desktop. Getting a refund or replacement model may be a problem as he no longer has the invoice for the mouse.

Solution
First, the wireless usb receiver should be located as close to the mouse as possible. Think 20"
If it is too distant the signal will be weak and inconsistent.
You may need a usb hub or extender.

Then, also, the battery in the mouse needs to be charged.
You can work with the charging cable connected.
First, the wireless usb receiver should be located as close to the mouse as possible. Think 20"
If it is too distant the signal will be weak and inconsistent.
You may need a usb hub or extender.

Then, also, the battery in the mouse needs to be charged.
You can work with the charging cable connected.

Solution

Mlit

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
ok.....Try starting the computer with the mouse turned off then after loading to windows turn mouse on see if that helps.
It seems to be that turning the mouse off and on again causes the problem. If I boot windows with the mouse already turned on, it bypasses the issue and keeps the taskbar from being unresponsive.

I'm considering this issue resolved for the time being.