Tcase and Tjunction backwords?

alex_ng

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Hi everyone! Here's my situation: OK, i have an E6600 Oc'ed @ 2.8ghz it's being cooled with an Acrtic Cooling Freezer7 I'm using an Asus P5B. The Temp for the Tcase using Asus PcProbe2 and Speedfan is 43*C and using TAT and Speedfan my temp for Tjunction is 23* and 28*. I think this is unusual because according to the Core 2 Duo Temp Guide http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Core-Duo-Temperature-Guide-ftopict221745.html
Tjunction is supposed to always be 15* higher than Tcase
Can someone pleas shed some light on this and perhaps tell me what Temp you're getting Thank you :D

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Sorry, but if you read the Guide, then you obviously missed the following, which is shown no less than twice:

Background

...when expressing Idle & Load test results, it's also necessary to define the variables such as:

Tcase = Idle & Load
Tjunction = Idle & Load, Hottest Core

Ambient = Room Temp
Chipset = Model
C2D = Model
CPU Cooler = Model
Frequency = CPU Clock
Load = Test Program
Motherboard = Model
Vcore = CPU Voltage

Results

Tcase (Motherboard Utilities) = 30c Idle, 50c Load (SpeedFan: CPU or Temp X)
Tjunction (TAT) Hottest Core = 45c Idle, 65c Load (SpeedFan: Core 0 / Core 1)

Variables

Ambient = 22c
Chipset = 975X
C2D = E6600
CPU Cooler= AC Freezer 7 Pro
Frequency = 3.6 Ghz
Load = TAT @ 100% 10 minutes
Motherboard = Asus P5W DH
Vcore = 1.45

Text explanation are helpful, but this information is required, because I am no more clairvoyant than the next guy. When asking for help, please consider this aspect by Testing as shown in the Guide, then providing Results and Variables, also as shown. Additionally, since we heard you the first time, please delete your "PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME BY REPLYING" follow-up post.

Thanks,

Comp 8)

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Once again, the "Tjunction 85c" or "Tjunction 100c" which is displayed in the program "Core Temp" simply shows Intel's Tj max specification, which is information only, is the maximum shutdown temp limit, does not indicate a temperature, and does not change value.

Comp 8)

Egil

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
Hi! Is PECI enabled in BIOS? I think that altered my Tcase reported in BIOS. Now Tcase and core temps make sense when viewed with f.ex Speedfan.
Only items I have disabled in CPU menu are "modify ratio support" and "Max CPUID value limit".
I discovered this after flashing from 1102 to 1202 BIOS today, and cannot tell if the BIOS update might have had something to do with it.

bigspin

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
Hi! Is PECI enabled in BIOS? I think that altered my Tcase reported in BIOS. Now Tcase and core temps make sense when viewed with f.ex Speedfan.
Only items I have disabled in CPU menu are "modify ratio support" and "Max CPUID value limit".
I discovered this after flashing from 1102 to 1202 BIOS today, and cannot tell if the BIOS update might have had something to do with it.

I also have P5B-E with 1202bios .I'm using L2 stepping E6400 @ 2880mhz.TAT report 48 idle & 70 load temp.I saw all the L2 stepping guys report similer temp like me. I there any bug on L2 stepping?