Ok, I've read the Monitor guide but I have a couple questions.

I purchased a Star TRek SOS and the 5 volt was missing. Fixed the PS
and game boots, coins up, and plays. However, no monitor.

It is blowing the 5 amp slo-blo fuses on the left side of the
deflector board. The guide says check the transistors 2N6259. I do
this but I was getting messed up readings then upon further inspection
I see That there are a couple of wires that are swapped and only 2 of
the power transistors are the 2N6259. The other 2 I can't find
anywhere on the web. They have RCA logo on them and 68555 on one side
and HT 8/05 on the other side.

Went to Randy Fromm's secret server and the schematics show the
matched complementary pair of power driver transistors. Well my board
shows revision 3. So I assume they should all be the 6259s.

Should I unplug the adaptor boards to see if my problem is on my main
deflector board or will this do damaged to the monitor?

TIA,

--
Eric A.
eavedesianNO_SPAM@comcast.net

Mr. Propane Torch!!

ELV!S,TZ,Cy(l*ne,FH,STTNG,RFM,BH,HS,HS2,B@by-P@c M@n,St&Sp,Strgte,BK
Remove NO_SPAM_ to reply

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

you need to get NTE388 for replacements from mouser.
I recommend replacing all 4 with new, make sure you use a little bit of
Term-o-link 1000, thermal compound when you reinstall.
don't unplug the boards, it wont run without the transistors plugged in.

Troy,

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 21:36:31 -0700, "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote:

>you need to get NTE388 for replacements from mouser.
>I recommend replacing all 4 with new, make sure you use a little bit of
>Term-o-link 1000, thermal compound when you reinstall.
>don't unplug the boards, it wont run without the transistors plugged in.
>

>Troy,

Yes but will this blow anything up? Also, I read in the faq that the
388 won't work unless I retap the transformer. Is this true?

Also, I'm trying to make sure by unplugging the boards that this won't
damaged anything.

Also the pinout was changed by someone to make these newer/different
transistors work. They seem to read good but wanted to make sure
before I did the work.

--
Eric A.
eavedesianNO_SPAM@comcast.net
313-268-0541

Mr. Propane Torch!!

ELV!S,TZ,Cy(l*ne,FH,STTNG,RFM,BH,HS,HS2,B@by-P@c M@n,St&Sp,Strgte,BK
Remove NO_SPAM_ to reply

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

> Yes but will this blow anything up? Also, I read in the faq that the
> 388 won't work unless I retap the transformer. Is this true?

I dont know were you read that, they work fine for me.
thats the closest ones i could fine to match the orignals, NTE388

> Also the pinout was changed by someone to make these newer/different
> transistors work. They seem to read good but wanted to make sure
> before I did the work.

No, shouldnt be any change same pinout for mine.
if someone has change the pins on the small x and y boards, this maybe your
problem.

Troy,