Question Terrible gaming performance on Rog Zephyrus g14

Sep 12, 2024
I have ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV-BR9N6. According to steam I meet the minimal requirements for Black myth Wukong yet when download the free demo the FPS is erratic (i.e. from 60 -> 40 -> 50 -> 20 ->40 you get the picture). This is just one of many examples I have, the laptop can barely emulate PS2 games at times without seeming like its dying on me. Testing my device in Time spy on my Nvidia 2060 I received a score of 1928, which I am told is very bad. Did the Asus not enable some type of setting? Are there some secret settings that I don't know about that can fix this issue?

Here what I've tried so far, but it has only resulted in a minimal increase in performance: https://www.reddit.com/r/ZephyrusG14/comments/1dl86i5/guide_how_to_increase_game_performance_on_the/

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Demo versions of a game should be seen as incomplete games, meaning there can and will be some hiccups. Does the issue crop up with other titles? If not, then you can narrow it down to the demo itself.

I don't see any mention of you using DDU. Use DDU in Safe Mode, remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Sep 12, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Demo versions of a game should be seen as incomplete games, meaning there can and will be some hiccups. Does the issue crop up with other titles? If not, then you can narrow it down to the demo itself.

I don't see any mention of you using DDU. Use DDU in Safe Mode, remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
These performance issues are consistent throughout all games not just that demo. Also I have also tried unistalling an reinstalling all of my gpu and display drivers. It did not work to fix the issue