Testing GPU's to know if they're faulty.

M05K

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
Hello everyone!

I'm doing a research and I want to know which is the best way to know if the GPU is faulty.

I've been thinkin the best way to do it the Benchmarking and searching in the internet for other benchmark's and compare.

What you guys think?

Thank you

Solution

M05K

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
But yes, I could test multiple parts too, if there's any software to test it out I would be grateful if you give me the hyperlinks.

For the GPU I tested with Unigine Heaven and got 31.5 FPS in the end of the benchmark

uthvag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014

there will be benchmarks for your card ,please refer them
and by stale test system i think that he meant a system which works perfectly fine to which you can plug in your gpu and test if it is working

hope it helps

btw whats your card?

uthvag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014

i think prime 95 for cpu and furmark for gpu for extreme testing.
normally intel extreme tuning utility for heavy loads(normal gaming situation)

M05K

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014

Buyer remorse? I don't know why people talk about what they don't know. I'm just asking if my card is acting normal, i'm not saying my card it's not good for what I payed for. So Sir. Mousemonkey, if you help me I would say thank you, but you just came here to say that. So that's not what i'm looking for. If you know the answer to my post, i'll be grateful.

And thank you uthvag for your help.

uthvag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
So any solution yet?

ps- for over all testin (the whole rig i mean) ,just run your most demanding game on ultra at the highest resolution with max supersampling (or just play it normally ,your wish). If noting bad occurs(BSOD or turning off) you are good....(this is a good alternative to stress tests)

You have posted so many threads all asking "is this normal" that I get the distinct impression that you are not happy with it but if you are then any chance you could stop spamming the forum with questions about it?

try furmark ..but be carful.. its very extreme

M05K

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014

I will stop then, I just want to make it sure it's working correctly. More opinions more certain about I have, If you know something about this card, and if the FPS's I posted is correct I'll be grateful, you have an AMD badge in your profile so I think you can help me.

Btw Blacksheep123 furmark is very extreme why? There's any risk in using it?

it is kinf of risky.. it raises the temprature to extreme ...my gpu went upto 86c and stabled there.. it was scary.. running furmark more than 15 mins is not advised!

uthvag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014

it renders a torus covered in fur ,with it containing millins(i dunno) of strands and it also rotates calculating the movement of each and every single strand .This is generally used to test the stability of OC

prime 95 calculates the largest prime no. possible ,so your cpu and ram will be cranked up....

Solution