The Best Graphics Card Manufactuers (NVIDIA)

Favourite Graphics Card Manufacturer

• EVGA

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • ASUS

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • BFG

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • XFX

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • MSI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PALiT (new kid on the block...in the US at least)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Don't Care...random

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
I'm really board right now :D, and am just making polls. Though I know what the majority is going to vote for, I still want to see the percentages.

If you were to choose between the companies for your graphics card, which one would you choose?

I prefer BFG Tech over the other ones. They have good customer service, a lot of times have the highest overclocked cards (I'm squeamish fer overclocking the cards myself, and I like their lifetime warranty to stay.), and most most importantly, their cards look the coolest :p ;).

EVGA. Why? For their step up (though I have never used it) and because it was the first brand I bought. It (they) worked, so I was happy. Right now I am an ATI guy, though.

Thorbaden

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
havent had experience with evga or bfg but ive had an xfx card. well 3. their customer service was what made me vote for them and will probably purchase from them again.

i had a 7900gs agp almost a year ago. 3 months after i bought it the fan died and burned the card. i rma and they replaced. 5 months later trying to overclock my card (which the 7900gs is a beast to overclock) must have gained 200mhz on the gpu and ram and was stable (no artifacts either). so i started playing games, keeping on eye on the temperature. was hovering around 65C. i then decided to up COD4 on max settings in every way. then enjoying the detail too much i failed to see the temp rise to 74C but at that point my computer froze and artifacts went everywhere. GG, guess i shouldnt overclock that much with a stock cooler. anyway the max temp recorded was 74C which according to the technitians at XFX that was a stable temperature. so i RMA'd and they found the card faulty. they then said they were out of the 7900gs AGP so they offered me an 8800GTS 320 pci-e instead free of charge. (which i took as im putting together a new computer right now anyway. :D)
and thats why i chose XFX.

Gravemind123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006

Ouch, 200MHz is pretty good for a 7900GS(AGP or PCI-E), I only managed 150MHz on my stock cooler, but no burn out, currently volt-modded my EVGA(PCI-E) and have taken up higher. The AGP cards probably die due to the PCI-E->AGP convertor on them overheating during use like that and dying, a friend had it happen on his 6600GT AGP with a similar issue, the core temps were considered fine but it died.

Still keeping my vote in for EVGA, although BFG has a good RMA program a friend had to RMA 3 7900GTs to them in 3 months which doesn't speak much for quality, can't speak for EVGA on their RMA department as my card and every EVGA card me and any one else I know have had are still chugging along.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
eVGA all the way. they're actually the only company i've ever bought a video card from, but hey i've got nothing bad to say about them from my experience :)

John Vuong

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
Voted "I don't care". Anything that is good I'll use, and not to mention the price.

Though my last few cards were Gigabyte only. I've had a bad experience with ASUS products and I tend to stay away from them.

crusoe74

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
I'm gonna say XFX. Have had no problems with any of the 3 cards I've had for them, they were obsolete long before they stopped working (and are still working fine in other machines once I upgraded.)

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
I have to say I am VERY pleased with eVGA. Lifetime warranty which is voided by overclocking or aftermarket coolers, step-up program, and excellent support via phone and forums. Purchase of my 780i mobo and 2x 8800GT has made me a loyal customer for years to come. 5 eggs.

J hendy

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
I've had XFX cards since i went Nvidia about three years ago, and not a single one has let me down, although i feel the same way about BFG so it's a tie.

This Poll is like comparing brands of Mac & Cheese like i did in High school. Some taste a little better, some are cheaper, some look better... But at the end of the day they all feed your appetite.

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
I'm actually surprised about how many people don't care what brand. And lol @ jay2tall. Very true.

It was obvious from the beginning, that eVga was going to win. I'm sure they're a great brand, I just prefer BFG Tech over theirs.

yoshiyoshi

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Hmmm...

For NVIDIA-specific cards, I say XFX based on fence-sitting experience (never owned an NVIDIA myself, but other family members have). They're readily available in my area of Australia, they can be price-competitive, and I haven't heard someone whinging about one yet.

Then again, with no PNY at all, with BFG and PoV being a rarity, and if you can find an EVGA card it has none of the special support the States gets, there's not really a fair comparison (although that may be different for different areas). PALiT is represented by XpertVision where I live, too, but never worked with them before, so not a fair comparison...

HOWEVER...

For a company that makes both NVIDIA and ATi cards, I would have to say Gigabyte. Too bad this is the NVIDIA-only poll, since it seems Gigabyte is being pounded here (no votes when I voted) :p

Oh, and people from other parts of Aus will probably disagree with me on availability, it's simply my area that I take my opinion from.

yoshiyoshi