"The computer is in use and has been locked.

Malu

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003

Only computer/Malu or an administrator can unlock this computer."

This is what the window says with a boxes for username and passwords. I read
on the Microsoft support page that I should press alt, ctrl, and delete, but
nothing happens. I was shutting down the computer. It took about 5 minutes to
log me out and another 3 minutes before this window popped up. I have Windows
Xp Pro SP2. Just bought the computer brand new this week so I'm pretty
clueless about how it works. What do I need to do? What caused it to do this?
Thanks so much for your responses.

Press CTRl+ALT+Delete keys 2 times in succession. Then login with Administrator account.

Do you have / use a screensaver?
Go to Control Panel >>Appearance and Themes >> next select Display >> look at Screen Saver tab.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Malu wrote:
> Only computer/Malu or an administrator can unlock this computer."
>
> This is what the window says with a boxes for username and passwords.
> I read on the Microsoft support page that I should press alt, ctrl,
> and delete, but nothing happens. I was shutting down the computer. It
> took about 5 minutes to log me out and another 3 minutes before this
> window popped up. I have Windows Xp Pro SP2. Just bought the computer
> brand new this week so I'm pretty clueless about how it works. What
> do I need to do? What caused it to do this? Thanks so much for your

dl

And dont set any passwords that you cannot instantly remember!!!