Question The computer restarts continuously

Oct 15, 2022
Please don't spam the forum, keep it to 1 thread.
I changed a new case, a CPU cooler and a new nvme memory.The pc restarted by itself after 30 minutes, it happened again after another 30 minutes, I opened a game and it happened immediately. Now it happens immediately as soon as I log in to windows, I don't have time to do anything. It also reboots while I try to get into safe mode, the only time it doesn't reboot is when I enter the bios. The temperatures of all components are between 30 and 40 degrees. The cables are connected correctly I have already had another person check this. I tried to disassemble and reassemble everything and it restarts the same, I tried to remove the nvme memory too and the same happens ... Until 4 days ago with the old case everything was fine, I don't think my power supply is suffering from 4 more fans and a memory. When the computer remained on for at least 10 minutes, I checked the events and found an error when it restarted:
+ System
- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}
EventID 41
Version 8
Level 1
Task 63
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x8000400000000002
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2022-10-13T18:23:59.4272614Z
EventRecordID 45829
Correlation
- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8
Channel System
Computer DESKTOP-AJUDAED
- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18
- EventData
BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0
Checkpoint 0
ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
CheckpointStatus 0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2 0
LongPowerButtonPressDetected false

Nothing happens in the bios but as soon as I exit the bios it happens at any other time, is it possible that windows strains the computer and restarts? While the Bios is lighter to boot?
This is the computer:
Motherboard: Msi B550M PRO-VDH-WIFI
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8GB
RAM : DIMM DDR4 16GB Crucial Ballistix Set 2x8GB
power : 600w Fortron FSP600-60AHBC85
DISSIPATORE: Assasin X 120 R SE
SSD 1:240GB Kingston UV400
SSD 2:1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2
HDD: 1TB Toshiba HDD DT01ACA, SATA 6Gb/s
CASE: Overstell kyanite
Many tell me it's the power supply but it didn't happen 4 days ago before the change.All components worked correctly.
Another information is the fact that the pc does not shut down when it restarts, the fans remain on.
I have already updated the bios
It seems strange to me that it is a driver problem, it would have happened before installing these components. Can I try to unplug the USB and AUDIO cables from the case?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This sounds like a situation where the new components pushed you over the limit of your PSU's ability to power the system (not a very good make/model).

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)? If so, stop and revert to stock speeds. OCing puts even more strain on your PSU.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Oct 15, 2022
This sounds like a situation where the new components pushed you over the limit of your PSU's ability to power the system (not a very good make/model).

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)? If so, stop and revert to stock speeds. OCing puts even more strain on your PSU.
I have never overclocked, 2 fans, a memory and a heatsink different from the one before overload the power supply so much? Not many more watts .. And then at first when I had just assembled everything 3 days ago it didn't restart so frequently ..

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I have never overclocked, 2 fans, a memory and a heatsink different from the one before overload the power supply so much? Not many more watts .. And then at first when I had just assembled everything 3 days ago it didn't restart so frequently ..
You really need to get a quality PSU in the system. Until you have stable, reliable power you can't troubleshoot any (if any) other issues. Your PSU is of very poor quality and certainly not recommended.

Oct 15, 2022
do you know the brand?It has been working for 5 years, the restart problem was there when I changed the case. It may suck the power supply, but do you really think that's the problem?

Oct 15, 2022
All indications are a failing PSU. Sorry, but that is where it seems you are.
Before installing the components I cleaned the PSU with a can of compressed air, could that be it? But the bios works without interruption, can it be a reason to say that it is not the power supply?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Before installing the components I cleaned the PSU with a can of compressed air, could that be it? But the bios works without interruption, can it be a reason to say that it is not the power supply?
While accessing the BIOS, you aren't putting your PSU under a heavy load. Once Windows starts and drivers are loaded (enabling more features...requiring more power), your PSU is under a heavier load.

Blowing out the crud in the PSU should not have harmed it, if the can of air was used properly. Give the age and quality of your PSU, it is the obvious culprit.

Good luck.

Reactions: 7upp

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I borrowed a cooler master 750w psu, nothing has changed.
What specific model of CM PSU?

You also need to verify that there are no extra stand-offs/mounts under the motherboard, in the new case, that could cause a short/grounding condition. Also, take a look at the rear panel ports to make sure now of the little fingers are extending into any of the ports.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The strange fact is that the problems arose after the change of case. regardless of the power supply, so even changing it may not solve the problem.

Doesn't matter; the PSU is a cheap, group-regulated PSU which had no business ever being used with this setup, so it ought to be replaced even if you weren't having any visible problem. The fact that you are have visible problems just makes it even more a no-brainer than it was already.

Oct 15, 2022
Good evening everyone

My pc restarts 10 seconds after windows start,this started to happen when I changed cpu, heatsink, case. I put everything back in the old case and removed the memory but the problem persists.
I took apart the heatsink and put the thermal paste back in but nothing has changed. On the bios the computer remains on, the temperature is these:
38-39 CPU
37 SYSTEM
37 MOS
37 CHIPSET
33 CPU SOCKET
35 PCIE
One thing I noticed is that if I click in the "help" or "about" box at the top right, the temperatures in 4 seconds rise to 47-48, and I don't want to stay beyond these few seconds because then maybe it heats up more
What I tried to do to fix the problem:
-Changed power supply (750w)
- Updated the bios
-Reassembled everything in the old case
-Cables all connected correctly
-Done memtest
  • Removed the new nvme memory
  • System Event Checked: Kernel Error 41 (Power)
  • Formatted the pc
  • Fixed hard disk errors from cmd
-Changed electrical socket
- Drivers installed correctly
-Checked the standoffs behind the motherboard well.
MOTHERBOARD: Msi B550M PRO-VDH-WIFI
CPU: Ryzen 5600x
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8GB
RAM : 16GB
PSU: 750w Cooler Master 230v Bronze v2
HEATSINK: thermalright assassin 120 x
SSD 1: 240GB Kingston UV400
SSD 2: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2
HDD: 1TB Toshiba HDD DT01ACA, SATA 6Gb/s

Oct 15, 2022
If I enter windows (also the page where I enter the password), the computer restarts after 5 seconds. It is not a software problem, I have already reset everything and updated the bios.
I would like to try to stress test the cpu, if possible also the gpu, at least from the cmd or with some usb executable software.