The default cooler/heatsink of i5-3570k

jcho7913

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Hi,

I heard that the cooler/heatsink that the i5-3570k CPU comes with is quite bad... But if I don't have any plans to overclock it or anything like that, will the default one be just fine?

Thanks.

The stock cooler on the Intel® Core™ i5-3570K is fine "until" you start to overclock as long you have have good air flow in the case. The easiest way to think of the stock cooler is to think that it is built for average systems and performance. So if you are looking for a quiet system or better cooling you are going to want to get a new 3rd HSF (heatsink/fan).

Once you have installed the stock cooler to make sure that you have it seated well reach in and pull each of the twist clips straight up. If you are able to pull any of them straight up you didnt have it seated well and are going to want to try to relock it in place.

ram1009

Distinguished

It's called planning ahead. You should try it some time. The CPU only costs a few dollars more. Haven't you ever changed your mind about anything?

EDIT: I apologize. I just looked at your age and realized you haven't yet had time to change your mind about anything. Believe me, you will.