The External Graphics Docks At CES 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewBC

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
FFS! If you're going to shell out all this dosh for a thumping great external graphics dock (and card) with so-so performance, why not get a real PC? Its not like you can slip one of these things in your notebook backpack!

spiketheaardvark

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
If they were free it wouldn't matter; you still can't buy a decent video card in this market. So unless manufactures are going to bundle in the cards these are going nowhere. No matter if people want them or not.

antishill

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

The e-GPU is a great development made possible by TB3. And that Gigabyte e-GPU can fit easily in a backpack. The idea that you need to drag your e-GPU everywhere to be worthwhile is nonsensical requirement. The fact that I can get a cheap 2-in-1 with TB3 like the 2.9lb Lenovo Yoga 720 13, that I got for $720, and be able to go about the day at work and then bring it home at night and be able to game on it is very valueable. And if I travel, I can bring the e-gpu with me and leave it the hotel room and then use it after work. I am playing stuff like Destiny 2, Overwatch, and Project Cars 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.