[SOLVED] The Fall and hopeful revival of an abused mouse.

Apr 26, 2021
So I've had my mouse (Corsair Scimitar) for a long time now, and its seen its time and a few months ago the right click started to go, although I'm quite versed in fixing tech, mice just are not my thing, and I'm very heavy handed (the few past mice I attempted to fix can attest to that) lucky its only really messing with me in two of the games i play, and work hasn't been effected yet but its getting worse and worse.
I personally haven't a clue how to start with this or if its possible (I have no money to buy a new one or i would have months ago) and this Forum hasn't failed me yet in all the long time I've used the collective brains

Solution
If you Google 'corsair scimitar mouse disassembly' there are plenty of videos on how to take it apart. Often the lil micro switches havent failed, theyre just dirty. With the mouse disconnected from the PC, and the mouse disassembled, apply a generous amount of isopropyl alcohol into the switch and manually click the switch 30+ times. Shake out excess liquid and do it again. Let fully dry, and give it a test on your PC
41016951.jpg

Could be this button giving up.

This tiny buttons is usually soldered to the PCB, replacing it required a bit of skill and determination.

Reactions: SpaceMKP
so looks like ima have to see if i can find someone to replace it...
...I have no money to buy a new one or i would have months ago
if you mean paying someone to replace the button\switch;
the Scimitar RGB Elite is only a ~$70 mouse.
i would doubt you'd find a shop to do it for much less than that.

the similar Logitech G600 is currently going for less than $40.
it's only 8200 DPI, but i tested both and enjoyed the Logitech quite a bit more.

Apr 26, 2021
if you mean paying someone to replace the button\switch;
the Scimitar RGB Elite is only a ~$70 mouse.
i would doubt you'd find a shop to do it for much less than that.

the similar Logitech G600 is currently going for less than $40.
it's only 8200 DPI, but i tested both and enjoyed the Logitech quite a bit more.
na i wont be paying i know a fair few people who currently own the right gear and could probs do it, i just need to find someone who isnt busy

If you Google 'corsair scimitar mouse disassembly' there are plenty of videos on how to take it apart. Often the lil micro switches havent failed, theyre just dirty. With the mouse disconnected from the PC, and the mouse disassembled, apply a generous amount of isopropyl alcohol into the switch and manually click the switch 30+ times. Shake out excess liquid and do it again. Let fully dry, and give it a test on your PC

Solution