The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
StickG1 - Yeah But I just bought the SP120s and H100i. It says form the 13TH -25TH of FEB and the case would come on like the 15th or so BUT the h100i will come earlier im sure.

So was it a smart move losing the AF140? and a question, as a read exhaust, should I use an AF140 red led or a fractal R2 140MM (Stock fan, will the red LED ruin the build?)

StickG1 - You got me wrong. I had already purchased an EXTRA stock fan and an AF140 RED LED ones a few months ago with the parts...this will leave me with using one of them as a rear exhaust so my question was the AF140 or the stock one. I dont know how fancy the LED's on the AF140 are.

Onus - WOW....Thats bad. Well I did find a high RPM one for him that wasnt CM. So what do you think about the choice I made? Dont worry guys, we are done with the H100i...I bought it ;) So My last questions are Onus and others, what do you think about the last minute change of removing the extra af140 so I can get it now as the cases will be shipped in 2 days, and for the last part, which is a REALLY dumb question, Which side should the tubes of the h100i come from...? Right or left?

Lutfij- its okay the case will be shipped in 2 days and the h100i and fans will be shipped tomorrow so they should come at the same time and if not I can wait a few days for the cooler to come :) 90% chance the cooler will come before the case so I won't need to put the stock cooler on :)

Maybe the top panel is a little different than the Arc Midi R2? I can't find any detail on it. I know my Arc Midi has several mounting holes, and where a 240mm rad would go it is offset further away from the motherboard. I'm about to put a 60mm thick rad up there. The H105 is only 35mm I think. Which is the same as my Swiftech 240mm which also fit with push/pull fans no problem.

A friend on another forum had a couple liters of Yellow Pastel from a previous build that he strained and sold to me for cheap. I actually think it looks really good...

yellowpastel_zps058d24c9.jpg

StickG1 - Yeah it looks great! And why wont it fit? Because the H100i BARLEY fits an H100I with 2 fans..BARLEY. and with another 8MM's...I dont think it'll fit. I am talking about the clearance cause My MOBO has a heatsink on the top. Here, watch about a minute of the video and you'll see he says VERY LIMITED CLEARANCE. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbVr13fxR2w you see his noctuas are touching his top heatsink? And the poor dudes home burnt down 2 days ago. AND PLEASE TELL ME THE H105 DOESNT FIT IN THE DEFINE R4 AND IF I MADE A MISTAKE!?:(

You ordered the parts, so you will get it all sorted when they come in.

Overclock.net shows the arc midi R2(seems to be close to the Define R4) fitting the H110(that is a 140x2 rad), but they say that had to do a 2 second mod to the fan grille(maybe just drill holes, but they do not say what they did).

Do not overthink it. You should have plenty of cooling for your system.

On the topic of LED's I have on bright blue led on my video card. I just got used to it and it does not bug me any more(it did at first[a black marker could make it go away I guess since it on the fan board it self].).

and stickg1, that looks great.

Dom_79

Distinguished
@stickg1: Your system looks awesome with the yellow coolant. Not to mention the excellent layout and well matched color scheme (man it sounds like we're talking about interior decorating.... oh wait we kinda' are :lol: )

It is kind of like interior decorating! I need to do my cables now.

I got into the watercooling scene for performance, then I got caught up with aesthetics. I had bought a bunch of used parts. I got this huge assortment of fittings, there were enough matte black kind of beat up compression fittings to do my entire loop. But the guy also enclosed two brand new Bitspower Shining Silver compressions. They looked soooo nice. $300 later I had an entire build full of them. They are soooo expensive, but the quality is second to none.

Oh yeah, I got a killer deal on a SG08 and a mini-ITX motherboard. So @nuke, I'm joining the Silverstone mini club!

I'm going to sleeve all of my cables. Black, yellow, and grey paracord on everything.

Dom_79

Distinguished

Nice! Sounds very labor intensive but no doubt will look very slick.