The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 243 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
As to the laser, I put a piece of white foam tape over mine, which muted it nicely but left it visible.
I've got all kinds of stuff to unload. I need to do that before I even think about a GTX970. I want a short model like the Gigabyte version (when it's out), but would accept a 2-fan model also, perhaps MSI or EVGA.
I have everything I need to build another system around an i3-3240 except the mobo, but a suitable B75 (I want USB3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s) will only cost me ~$65.

Some of you sportsters will point and laugh (or maybe even giggle), but the only car that might even remotely tempt me anytime soon, as an additional vehicle (we just bought the Santa Fe!) is the almost-here 84mpg Elio. It looks like a perfect commuter-car.

A Lease for a Fiat 500e is VERY attractive.

$99/mo. Sounds excellent for when I move to denver and commute in the city. Something won't let me own a slow car. :lol:

We are considering one to replace my GFs 01 corolla when we move. Her office has free charging in the parking garage.

g-unit1111

Titan

I'd seriously love to get a 500e, or a Ford Focus Electric, but living in Los Angeles and you have to drive everywhere, cars with limited range mileage wise don't have much of an appeal.

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

LOL tiny....... I'd probably buy the 660'Ti's off you at Christmas xD I just spent some money buying imaginary cash in online games..... only got 160 AUD to spare now. (140 US... exchange rate kinda low currently :\)

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
he he that's fine... I don't need em haha...... I would have just added them to my stack of graphics cards on my desk (my idea of ornaments....)

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014
Alright a few pictures I wanted to add on here

20141023_183344_zps997cbd91.jpg

engine.jpg

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014
Nothing wrong with Chevy Orange :)

No that's a personal building that I use to work on cars. So I dont do it professionally. But that's a 3800 V6 out of a GTP that we rebuilt. But yes those were mine. The 427 in the back of the picture is gone unfortunately.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014
It went back in the 1998 Pontiac GTP. The motor in the car previously was destroyed. Indeed they are mine. The GTP was my daily driver for a while. It's leaking coolant now and the power steering pump is bad so it's sitting. But it makes about 350HP at the wheels.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

Just a little bit of a cam upgrade but nothing really major. The top end is where the work is. Ported heads, ported supercharger, short stack intercooler and a 2.8-3.0 supercharger pulley.