The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 247 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Canadian prices, we pay more. Also, it is at my local PC store, so I dont have to wait for shipping, or pay for shipping.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Ah, alright. Decided not to get it, maybe I will wait for a 1000 series or keep my 770 itself for years, and get a 770 second hand from someone local.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I'm still waiting to get a GTX 970, but after browsing Newegg I saw they have the GTX 750 on sale for $89 after rebate, and I'm thinking it would be a good compliment to the Pentium G3258 in my HTPC: http://www.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingItem.aspx?ItemList=N82E16814487026

@tiny That RAM is sweet. See I kinda want mine all blacked out like that, most of the Hemi's come stock that way. But I feel like since I don't have a Hemi I would just be trying to imitate. Although if I used a matte finish on all the chrome (inluding lettering and logos) it would have a unique look to the Hemi base model.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Holy crap, my H100i for some reason is making my fans spin faster. I replaced the stock fans with 2 120mm fractal design silent series r2, and they came with some "low noise adapter"

I took them out, opened my case up, and put them in with the y adapter from the h100i. There's a differences in noise, but looks like I'll have to play with Corsair Link to change the RPM.

Is it fine if I use those low noise adapters with the h100i? I'm basically forcing it to spin the fans slower lol.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Yeah, it didn't really help much lol. Temps stayed the same, and the fans created a humming noise with the adapters.

Corsair Link isn't helpful either. So it looks like I'll just have to deal with it, and get used to it.

You can try to let your board control the fans instead.

The Link software should allow decent profile settings as long as you are using 4 pin pwm controllable fans. I do not think it supports voltage control of any kind.

With the Fractal fans looking to be 3 pin, your board may control them better(or at all in this case).

g-unit1111

Titan
So I'm thinking about replacing the Hyper 212 Evo in my Dark Knight rig with a Phanteks TC14 and two more of the green Cougar 14CM fans to keep with the color scheme. I think I want to keep the Dark Knight on air with the White Knight on an AIO, Good idea or not?

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Umm, don't really expect to see a performance gain, but my tx3 with the noctua fan is WAY quieter. If your not going to spend the money elsewhere, sure why not, but maybe just new fans for the 212?

Any time you see "Hyper212 EVO," it is best to think of it being spoken by a parrot, which just repeats what it has heard without any thought.

(You need not despise CM as I do to readily discover what a bang/buck Loser this cooler really is compared to competitors)

g-unit1111

Titan

I like the idea of getting a Phanteks TC14 but I figure I would much rather save my money and get a GTX 970, especially if NVIDIA starts including the Borderlands Pre Sequel with the 9XX series like they did with the 7XX series.

I'd love to get a GTX970, but there are two impediments. First, I need to get rid of some stuff first (underway, but slowly); second, there may be at least one other non-PC item a little higher on my list first.

g-unit1111

Titan

I keep procrastinating but I definitely need to get my Paypal account setup ASAP. I've got a lot of stuff to start selling too.

g-unit1111

Titan

If he's looking for a PC I have a spare full PC to sell, here's the specs:

- Cooler Master HAF 912 w/ side window
- Corsair TX 750 (original V1 Channel Well model)
- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P motherboard BIOS REV F7
- Intel Core i5-3450 3.0 GHz (CPU box with stock fan included)
- 8GB Corsair XMS 3 DDR3 1600 MHz
- 64GB Crucial M4
- Sapphire Radeon HD 5830
- MSI DVD Burner

All you need is a mass storage drive and an operating system license and you're good to go, I would be willing to sell it for the $500 - $625 range. I have all the original manuals, driver discs, mounting brackets and power cord.