The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 259 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan

Where in So Cal? I'm in the North Orange County area. I see nice cars around here all the time, my neighbor leases a Maserati Quattroporte to give you an idea. :lol:

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I'm just going say around San Bernardino/Riverside. Close enough. I see Porche's and ferrari's every day, and it makes me a little angry, since people be throwing money around. Some guy got a Masarati for 30-40k at school somehow. We checked the VIN and it matched, but stil....

g-unit1111

Titan

Interesting, I just went to a show at the Riverside Municipal Auditorium last week. I think getting a Maserati for someone still in high school seems a bit excessive. Reminds me of Breaking Bad when Walt was washing a Corvette that belonged to one of his students. :lol:

g-unit1111

Titan

I wound up getting the EVGA G2 850W, it was on sale at NCIX for $114. Not too bad of a deal. It's not the Seasonic deal that Newegg had but I'm still getting a quality supply

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014
Nice G-Unit :). EVGA has some really nice red sleeved cables on Newegg for $80. I saw a build on Pcpartpicker use them and it really cleaned alot of things up. Hope they go on sale on Black Friday.

g-unit1111

Titan

Having red sleeved cables kind of goes against the color scheme I'm trying to achieve. I think they had white ones available on EVGA's website but I'm fine with the extensions for now, I may get those some time later.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014
Yeah they are expensive. 90 dollars for cables is pricey. You can get white ones on Newegg. I'll most likely go with Black of Blue. I just hate how there are red power cables for the GPU and everything is black

The Passat Diesel can do 800 miles on one tank. And it only takes 3 minutes to fill up, where as you have to change a Tesla overnight.

I'm not saying they aren't practical, because in some situations, they make great sense. (City driving). All I am saying is that until they can exist without hurting the environment more than a gasoline or diesel model, I see no real point for them to exist.

Despite being electric they have a SIGNIFICANTLY worse environmental impact than a Gas/diesel car does over the course of driving it 250k miles. That's my issue with them.

g-unit1111

Titan

I'm getting ready to get a 970 in the next couple of months now that I've got my new power supply. I knew the PSU was going to go any day because it's well over 4 years old and has been through multiple systems, but of course bad timing as this happens while my car is in the shop. :lol:

Well, it's not a big discount from the R9 280X, but I was hoping for close to $200; it's the Gigabyte WF3 model, and has not been abused. I only took it up to 1130MHz for a while, and kept it under 70C-72C.

I sold my Visiontek 280x with XSPC full cover block installed for $190. That's kinda of low, but I wanted it sold fast. I see a lot of 280x's and 7970s with stock cooler for sale and it ranges from $160-$200. The closer you are to the low end, the fast you can expect to make the sale.

The WF3 cooler is an EXCELLENT cooler though; to call it "stock" is an understatement. I'm seeing refurbs in the $204-$209 range. $200 shipped seems fair for this one; perhaps $195.
I'd also sell my HD7870; that one looks like it ought to go for around $125.