The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 262 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan
Argh just got off the phone with the most irritating of telemarketers - the kind that try to sell you aftermarket toner cartridges (which 99.9% of are absolute junk and have destroyed many printers) and they tried to give me "incentives" and after I said "What's the catch" like five times I finally hung up because they gave me no answer and I couldn't take it anymore.

I should finally get my new PSU today so that's at least a good thing.

g-unit1111

Titan

Usually I say something like "no hablo ingles" and that throws them off. But this one wouldn't shut up long enough for me to say that. :lol:

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Lol, nice.

Anyways, here is my friend's pc, opinions? He's ordering in the next 5 mins

btw i'm donating a 320gb 7200rpm hdd to him along with his ssd. Wanted to really make this thing fast.

g-unit1111

Titan
So I finally got my new power supply and hooked it up but after hooking it up and powering the system up the light on my CPU cooler will power on, and then the whole system will immediately power off. I'm still stumped as to what the mystery can be. I'm going to e-mail Intel and Asrock tomorrow and see if they have any answers. Argh.

It could be something as stupid as the cable extensions or it could be something more complex like a blown ROM on the motherboard, this is something I haven't seen before.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Already ordered?

I would have went with an i3+h97, PCI wireless network adapter, better PSU, and maybe a different case. The SPEC-01 series from Corsair are rather low end for their price and aren't spacious at all. A NZXT source 210 Elite or Corsair 200R would be much better options imo.

Lutfij

Titan
Seems like a good bang for buck sort of build if you're within a 500USD bracket...? Oh yeah the APU build would be good if you're going to run off the iGPU for a while like 6 months until you can sink some serious dough.

You could settle for a G3258 and pair it with a B75 phoenix itx mobo.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
I would get an i3 4150 and use stock cooling to get the H97 motherboard. Also which 500W Gold+ Rosewill do you plan to buy?
---

He didn't have an APU in the build, he had an Athlon x4 760k and R9 270.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

This one, maybe:http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Certified-Power-Supply-CAPSTONE-450/dp/B006BCKDGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416953989&sr=8-1&keywords=rosewill+capstone+450

Will update with pics when done

g-unit1111

Titan

My next full build is going to be a long way out but I'm definitely going to be experimenting with low profile / Steam Box mATX or mITX builds on my next one.