The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 294 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

The guy posts on a forum that I am a member of. People who know him personally have said that apparently it's going to $15k+. All the suspension needs to be replaced as do the associated electrics. Not to mention the ECU recorded more than one wheel leaving the ground at one time, which completely voids the BMW power-train warranty on the car, AND goes on the Carfax. Because of this, the car is really only worth salvage price if he were to ever resell it.

This pretty clearly support the assertion, previously made, that this guy is an idiot; although I can accept (you may know him far better than I) that however skilled a driver he is, he made a very expensive mistake in an unfamiliar vehicle. It sounds unfortunate no matter how it is described.

I do not know him, but I have seen him in passing on a forum before. He did own up to making a mistake, publicly on the forum, however much it was his fault (for engaging in a "peel out" on public roads), or an accident (the car acting in an abnormal way). He did take full responsibility for it. Allegedly, BMW is going to be releasing a software update in the form of a recall to solve this rapid power reallocation issue due to small differences in tire pressure between the rear wheels. This same issue has happened to ALOT of other M4s and BMW is supposedly planning to fix it.

That's the worst. We just had my mom's Volvo in for a tiny drill bit in the tire right before Christmas, We got lucky and it was plug-able though.

It seems to me a couple of recent graphics cards didn't have one, but I've got a little cabinet drawer with a half-dozen or so in it from past purchases. If you need one, a local computer shop ought to have a spare they'll let you have cheap (or free if you're a [regular] customer).

Edit: ...or just knock on Stick's door. As often as he changes graphics cards, his parts box is probably overflowing with them.

its DVI D, is that Ok? And i can move stuff to my other screen but it says cable not connected...i have VGA in the monitor and to another VGA to DVI D which is in the GPU and i disabled IGD multi monitor in bios like you said I should, anything wrong?

No, you need DVI-I. The -D is digital only, and does carry analog VGA.

Your graphics card may have one of each type, so you may just need to switch which monitor goes to which port. You can tell Windows which one to use as primary.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Hey guys, does anyone here know about XLR mics? And how you set them up?

Was looking into getting a AT2020 XLR version, because my blue snowball USB mic has problems being detected in windows.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Tried everything lol, and still doesn't get detected. It worked fine on Windows 7, but after I upgraded to 8.1 a year ago, it started giving me problems. Then in the summer, it stopped being detected, and it won't work.

I guess it has something to do with Windows 8.1, like it doesn't support my mic anymore. That's why I'm starting to look at XLR mics, to avoid the USB problems on Windows.

It might also be that when I bought it (Around 2009) it was old, maybe the new versions of the snowball work with Windows 8.1

g-unit1111

Titan

Ah that happened to me a couple of months ago - hit a pothole, blew out a tire (this thing was FUBAR) and wound up having to replace all four because the remaining tires were about as bald as it gets. And yup there goes my GTX 970 budget! :lol:

Thankfully I will be getting some money back from my insurance plus stuff I've sold on eBay so I'll be able to put it towards that.

Well, I've chopped the Frontiernet service down to the minimum 1Mb/s (still keeping it for the email address...for now), which will cut $13-$15 off the bill. That, and I found out a small raise went through, so I'm going to upgrade something. I suspect Omega is not long for this world. I'll probably part it out, but the CPU/Mobo/SSD+Win7Ult/64 will go as a bundle.

I loved my WRX. Not sure I want another boxer engine anytime soon though. Lol

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

I was actually thinking about going back to Windows 7. But a lot of work to re-install my software, games, and drivers haha. But Microsoft is also ending support for 7 soon too (January 13th) Isn't that a bad thing too?