The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 301 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Yeah it sounds like you got what I call "Afterburner Janked." It seems to like messing up the settings on your cards if you're swapping around or changing drivers. You need to make sure it's set for default, except for fan profile, which I like to make slightly more aggressive than stock. Then re-run the test.

Aha, hows that? Seems about right?

m92hOwG.png

Imma set my OC profile at 4.0 ghz and V.18 which i had saved, gonna do that and run some stress tests. I have all the ones you can think off so Intel burn 10 times but what else?

How are those scores to you? Ok i have it now...NO IDEA how to use it :p

Edit - ...So after i overclock using this, i dont need to use intel burner and OCCT? I can just use ITS OWN XTU stress test and benchmark? if so that makes life so much easier

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

I can actually play minecraft at a solid 30 fps on this POS. granted, it lags real bad at the start when the world is rendering, then it smooths out. Settings are high. I'm not surprised, because it's minecraft.

^ So true'. I can max out BF4 at way over 60fps and struggle to get 60 with shaders in minecraft. Without shaders I can max it out with over 60fps but still...i want shaders lol.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
PcBuilder, Mantle is limited to a few games, mainly Thief and Battlefield 4. I doubt Minecraft has Mantle, as it would require building a new API(or system) for Minecraft to run on, and it isn't worth the trouble as older computers can play it with little to no trouble. No point for Mantle to be on Minecraft.

I've been meaning to ask, how is the Enthoo Luxe Jim? Is it worth it over the Primo?

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Oh, I was referring to bf4, not minecraft, I would be surprised if I saw it on there, as most of the people that I know play on rather low end hardware (integrated gpu, or laptops).

I'm loving it very much. My only complaint is about the front panel 200mm fan. It's not terrible but it does rattle (I've confirmed all 4 screws are tight) and it's a bit loud at medium settings. I'm in the process of replacing it with two 140mm fans, not only to keep it quieter, but also for some more air (my SLI setup gets pretty warm).

The new NSX is cool, but it doesn't exactly live up to the old one and that makes me sad. The original car sold for $60,000 in 1991. That's about $100,000 today. The new NSX is going to cost multiple times that much. The original NSX was Honda saying "hey Ferrari, look we did it better and more reliably for less money". And it was. The original NSX was a cobbled together from a V6 found in the Acura Legend, and the interior mostly form the Honda Accord. It was cheap. Relatively speaking. It was simple, and because of that dead reliable. It won every motorsport event there was at the time. It beat the Italians at their own game. That was the plan. An amazing car it truly was.

It is for these reasons I do not like the new one. It uses an extremely complicated hybrid engine/drive train. The exterior is flashy. The interior looks over engineered with weird angles and lines. Top it all off with a $250K+ price tag, and you have not built an NSX. While this will be a cool and interesting car, it is not an NSX. It shares NONE of the qualities or selling points of the original car and pays no homage to it at all. It will surely be fast and exclusive and record breaking, but that is not the point.

Shigeru Uehara would be dissapointed. I REALLY with they would not have called it NSX, but something new.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I agree with you on the fact that they overworked it. I see the original NSX's somewhat often(once a month at most) and I fall in love with old cars. As much as the new ones are appealing, I'd also take the original. While you say it pays no homage, it follows a few design cues. It also **sort of** is cheap compared to 500k-1 million supercars. Yet still much of the original lines are lost.

Bottom line, If I find a NSX or a replica GT40(unless somehow I get an original one and it is street legal, not as a daily driver, but more of a weekend car that I actually use) or a light blue Supra(Long story), I'll take it over any one of these new ones.

@Jim
I don't think I'd ever trust stock fans that came with the case unless they are Noctua's or something like that. Corsair maybe...

The Cyber Security Club is going real smooth now. There were a lot of weird patches where there were two clubs under the same charter(long story, not for this thread(yet this little blurb about it is here due to...)) and now we finally have one club, we are making money thru selling Soda's and food. We are making lesson plans that are more geared to programming than actual hardware, but I am planning to introduce a few lessons on hardware(being an officer myself).

Now back to AP Euro and ID terms.