The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 302 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Hey everyone, I am going to be switching to a new case and CPU cooler. For the case I am going for an IN WIN 707 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108464
And for the CPU cooler I am considering a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106241
What do you all think of these? Any personal experience?
Also I was thinking of adding some extra fans to the radiator for push/pull. Do you think these are a good choice? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200048&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

EDIT: Oh yeah and I am getting a Seasonic X-1050 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151110

Those fans are just "ok." I owned some cheap Rosewill fans. They're quiet, at least for a while, but a couple of them didn't stay that way. I'd probably look for Scythe or Corsair fans; another cheap one to avoid is Coolermaster.

Noctua also offers decent quality. Someone more familiar with those specific ones may have additional information on whether they are good for your use.
I'm not fond of huge full tower cases myself, but if you're going to be running >1 graphics card, the extra air space for cooling may be helpful. Otherwise, cases are too dependent on personal taste for me to say too much about them (other than avoiding low quality like Apevia, Raidmax, and some Coolermaster).

g-unit1111

Titan

What kind of cooling are you running there? I guess that would be a determining factor to start with.

Those fans are just "ok." I owned some cheap Rosewill fans. They're quiet, at least for a while, but a couple of them didn't stay that way. I'd probably look for Scythe or Corsair fans; another cheap one to avoid is Coolermaster.

I definitely agree on those brands but I really like the Cougar CF120s and 140s - these things are incredibly well built for the price, and I think they're even better than the Corsair CF140s.

I like Cougar fans alot, but they do have a known issue with being horizontal or vertical. Can remember which. In one orientation they click. I like Scythe's personally. Corsair's I cannot stand. I have had 2 sp120s fail in less than a year.

What kind of cooling? It will be a Thermaltake Water 3.0. Ambient temp in my apartment is about 60F 16C.
EDIT: My bad completely overlooked who you were replying to

g-unit1111

Titan

With a TT you should be able to achieve 4.6 pretty easily on a 4670K. I think maybe just adjust the voltage and the multiplier and unlock all cores.

I like Cougar fans alot, but they do have a known issue with being horizontal or vertical. Can remember which. In one orientation they click. I like Scythe's personally. Corsair's I cannot stand. I have had 2 sp120s fail in less than a year.

Really, I have four in my Dark Knight rig - 2 x 140 top, 1 x 120 attached to CPU heat sink, and 1 x 140 as rear exhaust and I've never heard this noise being made.

I'm selling my Asus Strix 970 for anyone interested. Figured I'd post in here before going in the deals section.

If I had the cash I'd gladly take it off your hands but I got to pay some bills that were left over from the holidays first. :lol:

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

I dunno 300 probably? Shipping is a major pain in the butt.

I'm going to get another Zotac Extreme card. Make it all uniform and keep all the overclocking software the same.

USPS is staffed by slackers. They won't take things up my driveway in their little jeeps. They'll leave a package slip, and I usually can't pick it up until the following Monday. The UPS guy has no trouble doing it with his great big van.

This motherboard is really helpful too. If you leave the stuff that you're not sure of on AUTO, ASRock made sure that most of it adjusts based on your chip and core clock. I have the Z87M-OC Formula. I overclocked my Uncore as well, which was a new concept to me coming from Ivy Bridge. I have my Uncore (Cache or Northbridge) at 4200MHz, and I'm looking to take it a little higher. I haven't tried to go for 4.8GHz on the core yet, I might save that for a rainy day, my temps are well within check and I won't be worried about voltage until I'm over 1.35v

Tiny, I know that, but thanks for making me feel better... XD Compared to some of you guys here, my PC is OK and yours are amazing, but compared to the kids in school.....wow, lets just say People need to step away from consoles... lol.