The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 299 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
The mood had been growing for the past couple of weeks, so last night I ordered a pizza; extra cheese, 2x sausage, and black olives. It was SO GOOD. Other than occasionally at work (when provided for our group), I had not had commercial pizza for YEARS. I do like my wife's homemade pizza, but like I said had been developing a mood for a "regular" one. I normally eat small meals (13-14 peanut butter crackers is a usual weekend lunch), but I at HALF of that 16" pizza at one sitting. Wow.
I feel fine this morning too.

If that was all actually done for that price, you got a hell of a deal. Those are all REALLY important and it is good that you got them done. The left front tire having an "issue" sounds like a ball joint or a wheel bearing.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Woah, one year anniversary since I made my account last year. And the 280x vs 290 won't be a huge difference overall, maybe just a few fps, but there are 6gb 290's that would do better in 4k, probably.

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

I agree having all that done to the car for that price was a great deal. Timing belt alone would normally cost more than that.

So far I'm liking windows 10 albeit I never really had major issues with 8 or 8.1. Only quirk I've noticed is just before the login screen it shows a battery icon, this being a desktop that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I also like the addition of extra desktops reminds me of an old Ubuntu feature that I liked.

I lied I ran into one more issue, when I tried to use the HWmonitor installer it said there was compatibility issues even though on the website it claims to support windows 10, I ended up just downloading the zip file in place of the installer and that worked as expected.

I think that waiting to see what the 960 and next gen AMD cards bring is a good idea. Even though I just bought a r9 270 I actually prefer Nvidia because their driver support lasts a long time, heck they are claiming to have DX12 support all the way back to the gtx 400 series (original Fermi).

g-unit1111

Titan

Yes I definitely can't wait to get my 970, I think I would rather have a 970 SLI setup over a 980. I'm deciding which brand I want to go with, I'm actually leaning more toward getting a Gigabyte Windforce 3X over an EVGA card this time around.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Also, We got Iridium Spark Plugs for 44 bucks. Not sure if that is good, but it sounds cool. Something is wrong with the front left tire, which must be the bearing you mentioned. It also needs an Alignment(I said that I think) and we have a warranty on the tires, so not sure how that will play out.

I Got windows 10 working on 1.5 gigs of RAM(32 bit). We have about 50 PC's that have been abused for the past 2-5 years. And it turns out that Win 10 SHOULD run on it... My new project for school.

The tires have nothing to do with the wheel bearing. The tire warranty will not cover anything but the physical tires.

I know there is a thread for this, but I thought Id share this with you guys

FPS:

Score:

Min FPS:

Max FPS:

System

Platform:
Windows 8 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3399MHz) x4
GPU model:
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 14.501.1003.0 (3072MB) x1