The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 297 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Getting out of debt is the very best thing you can do for yourself. The average American family has something like $7,000-$10,000 in credit card debt. That boggles my mind. The interest would range anywhere from 8.9% on an excellent-credit intro rate on up to a more common 15.9%-18.9% rate, or a poor-credit 24.9% rate or perhaps worse. All that interest is just money pissed away into the hands of banksters who produce nothing of value. I do use a credit card, but pay off purchases in 30-60 days. We've got a mortgage, but our house is a modest and inexpensive manufactured house, not a huge and overpriced McMansion. When the market permits, I'm thinking of selling, and my wife and I will join the Tiny House movement. Two hundred to four hundred square feet is really all we need, plus an outside storage shed and/or shop area.

g-unit1111

Titan

I'm beginning the process to get out of debt, it's not easy I will tell you that. Especially when you have things go wrong or something happen that you weren't expecting to happen.

RussK1

Splendid

Medical school is a mitigated risk because payoffs can be great. The problems arise when half way thru one decides it's not what they expected and drop-out (and this is with any major). Then stuck paying off debt for most of their life (unless hit the lottery).

Point is, pick a major that you can see yourself doing at 30, 40, 50, 60 years of age. If there is ANY hesitation re-think a chosen field because you'll be paying for it.

Before I posted again, it occurred to me that this is a huge "E" out of GRAPES (Economics), which is a somewhat restricted topic. So, I'll just leave it at the practical life-lessons we've discussed, and leave the philosophy and commentary on parasitism to another forum...

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah we need a off topic forum. :lol:

Installed the i5-4690K and 2nd GPU and took a picture today..

20150109_093820_zps317cc062.jpg

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Information Assurance for me.

Looks good. How is the [strike]SLI [/strike] CF working??

Hear Hear

My little brother absolutely loves Love it or list it.

More problems with the car. Now something is wrong with the tires. Apparently there is a noise emanating from the front driver side tire. Total is now 700-ish. >.< Everything should be done tomorrow.

I think if I had 300 bucks for a new PC, I'd get a new GPU, and PSU, and a case,and a SSD if possible. At Least get SOME upgradeability in this thing.

So san deigo is beautiful! Ive been here many times but im at this hotel by the bay and the view is the sanDiego skyline. You see that huge bridge, I just had the best 3 course meal at an Italian place...EVER. Lol im not used to this fancy food xD People gave my brother and I weird looks as we were talking about PCs, GPUs, CPUs etc and not WINE or something weird lol.

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Hey everybody sorry for the delayed response, worked most of the day so I didn't get to catch up on this thread until now. While at work this morning I actually ordered a GPU, I got an R9 270 from ncixus.com for $132. It was a bit over budget but I finally bit the bullet and ordered something new. Thanks for the offers, I would've been interested in the 7870's though.

My wife and I also watch a lot of love it or list it and property brothers, along with a bunch of food network shows what can I say we're basically young old folks (26yrs me and 34yrs wife). We also just bought our first house Nov 14. It is a little place but perfect for the two of us. If I get around to it I will post some pictures if anyone wants to see.

Anybody getting excited for season 5 of Game of Thrones? The Walking Dead is starting back up soon too. I do need to find another show to watch. Right now im thinking i want to watch American Horror story... i have seen season 1 already. Or i think im going to watch Dexter.

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Can't wait for Game of thrones just, wish the seasons lasted longer! Dexter is great and American Horror story was good through season two after that imo it was crap. We're still watching walking dead too, even though I'm kinda wishing the show would just end already.

TRENDING THREADS