The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 367 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Turns out my 780 Classified has a defective fan, I was wondering why my temps were higher than people I was comparing with. Oh well, even though it's not my card EVGA has a great Guest RMA program. So it's packed up and being sent off tomorrow. Let's hope for a speedy and successful RMA!

It still works and all, and doesn't even overheat, but considering that I keep it folding 24/7 and I have the tendency to overvolt as I overclock, I want all the cooling ability I can get. It's a thorn in rear, sure, but it could be worse. I have faith in EVGA.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
It sucks that on my at&t s5 the bootloader is locked so I can't install aosp roms (only touchwiz based ones work), so I am overclocked with all the bloatware from at&t and samsung long gone. Smoothest rom i've used in quite some time and 65% less system resources are used, this is great. I wish I could get cm12 or cm11 but freaking at&t & verizon are giant jerks and keep locking their stupid bootloaders. Atleast it's smooth though.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Lol, I screwed up while installing the ROM on my s4. Process went like this

-Download ROM
-Install
-Find that gmail crashes every half second
-No Root(wierd)
-No Safestrap(recovery)
-No Wifi
-Go back to stock
-About 15 attempts made
-Try a different ROM
-ROM does not flash, wipe does not work
-Restore backup of Phone
-Password doesn't work
-Reset phone for the nth time

However, battery life is hella improved on stock... Twice as long as before..

There is a guy who drives a white Hyundai with dark tint, debadged, black rims, axleback exhaust or similar aftermarket exhaust(wasn't stock, that's for sure)... He drives like an idiot. He cut in front of us on a 2-lane-merging-into-one street with barely any room to spare, and was going to fast he had to turn his car to slow it down and did a mini drift. Idiot.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

[strike]I'll do that now just in case... It hasn't come back thank god[/strike]Virus needs to be running... nvm

Littlesackninja

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
I just dug a Pentium 4 Out of an old computer of mine, tried to delid it and it failed, horribly. (I have never delid before) I just decided to smash all the pins on it since it was a BGA model (probably the reason I couldn't)