The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 430 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Where did you read that? That mod is well known to help narrow the gap between the 598 and 558.

http://www.headfonia.com/sennheisers-new-hd558-and-hd598/3/

I would say it's at least worth a shot. It is reversible.

edit: Also how do your 558s compare to your friend's m50x in terms of build quality?

I'm always on autotrader. Lol. And I just bought a car a month ago. :lol:

Don't buy a G37. Boring as all hell and not anywhere near as reliable as the G35. If you want something sporty, get a G35. MUCH better platform and WAY less issues (electrical). If you are buying an automatic forget the Z/G cars completely as the auto are complete crap and ruin the cars. Also, an under 15k G37 will be a base sedan. Anything like a coupe would have ridiculous miles on it for under 15k, or other issues.

Don't buy a G37 with 100k miles. It will need the valves shimmed which is NOT cheap at all. And it'll need a water pump which is another $1400.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

Briefly read through the comments and saw people say that it was basically microwaving your phone to charge it, guess they were trolling. I'll consider it later I guess.

Got number 4 son one ... he loves it.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I want a manual...
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?doorCodes=2&zip=92354&endYear=2016&inGalleryView=true&showcaseOwnerId=58080498&startYear=1981&doorCode=2&searchRadius=10&maxPrice=15000&showcaseListingId=402385007&listingId=394398663&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?doorCodes=2&zip=92354&endYear=2016&inGalleryView=true&showcaseOwnerId=58080498&startYear=1981&doorCode=2&searchRadius=10&maxPrice=15000&showcaseListingId=402385007&listingId=402466230&Log=0

Would any of those have the same problem as the g37? The 35s seems to be easily found here for some reason, I suspect... I am hungry, brb need foooood

The beast has Arrived. Card is much heavier than thought. As to a n update to my friend's PC, the glacer 240l is a pain the the BUTT if you are mounting 2011/v3. Chipped a nail by installing it.

Also, the EVGA x99 FTW has a stupid usb 3.0 header that is a 90 degree angle down so I have to remove the PSU cover in the luxe.

IMG_01701_zpsyzij6qzp.jpg

That car is SUPER overpriced and complete junk. Cheap crap wheels, JUNK Chinese tires, Auto, worn driver's seat bolsters, clearly owned by someone who doesn't care about cars and hasn't taken proper care of it.

Book value on that car is like $9000 and a fair price for it would be $8500. More like $7000 considering the crap wheels and tires that need to be replaced. DO NOT buy that car.

For the record, my PRISTINE, mint, TWO OWNER, G35 SPORT (worth 3k more than this base model you linked) with NEW clutch/flywheel/throwout bearing/clutch master cylinder, proper tires, proper maintenance, 106,000 miles, new water pump, all new belts is for sale for $10k and I will take 9 for it. People think these are worth WAY more than they are.

EDIT: Looked at the photos again and that car appears to have been crashed.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
There were two cars. Both have the same exterior paint, different interior...

EDIT: Autotrader shows 34 within 25 miles of my Zip, all automatic...

EDIT2: One Manual, shows paint wearing off in several places and the interior is somewhat dirty and worn out.

This car is dope. That shifter is probably a $250 piece. Car is a real sport model. On bags. Easily $2000 wheels.

Should you buy it? HELL NO. That is NOT a car for someone with no mechanical ability and their first car. Is it a well sorted and well done car with easily 10k in it? YES. Is it a good car for you in any capacity? NO.

In all seriousness, buy mine and have it shipped. Buy it for $9500 and pay $800 to have it shipped. You get an AMAZING car 10000x better than any of the cars you posted for $4000 less. You can't lose.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
The question is, will it sell in a year? 99% yes
Will I be able to convince my mom that is a good deal... ehhh, I need to roll for more charisma.
I honestly was going to say that, and you beat me to it.

I love the lines of the Infiniti(s) but I have a love of the older BMW's(styling). I spent a decent amount of time in my cousins old m5(he had an e39) and I loved the thing. Until an idiot with no drivers license ran into him at a red light(meaning my cousin was driving through a green) May have gone through this story... Maintenance seems to be high though... abet with somewhat longer periods of time in between...

Don't like the style of that care, to each his own

Dude I have shipped cars before and know all about it.

NO BMW maintenance is NOT far between. It is almost constant and VERY expensive. Rule of thumb is, if you but a BMW under 10k it will cost 50% of the money you paid for it in the first 2 years alone to keep running.

For a first car to someone with limited to no mechanical ability a used BMW is a terrible option. I recently did the brake pads and rotors on my Mazdaspeed6. Cost me $220 and some time. If I paid even a reputable shop to do it it would have been $600.

If you buy a car that will need any kind of work, expect to pay ALOT of money or be able to do it yourself.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I mean convincing my mom to allow me to actually buy a car that has to be shipped. hmmm, I will never get off this tangent. I will attempt to stop this(my) madness by saying that my HDD needs a full wipe soon.
Did no one get the DnD reference??