The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 440 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I need to get some dust off, I usually don't have any at my house.

MrRockyboxer

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015
Nice to see the Fury X come out today, but these Canadian prices are awful. They're both priced around the same, but PNY and Zotac have them cheaper the fury x.

I'm itching to upgrade to a 980 ti, but I'm not sure if it's worth it over my gtx 770 lol.

g-unit1111

Titan

Not sure how I feel about the Fury X using a closed liquid loop. I would think if you're already using one on your CPU that it would take a monster PSU needed to run the whole thing.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I'm doing my art credits over the summer with photography as well, it is online enriched so only twice a week, and it is basically all based on photoshop and basic photo assignments, got ahead so now i play csgo in class with friends (allowed), haha

MrRockyboxer

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015

No AIO coolers for me. I think the fury x uses a bit less power then the 290x.

MrRockyboxer

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015

Summer school? Ahhhhh summer school sucks lol..... I'm glad im out of high school.

A lot of people have not returned in a while... Hmmm

On another note,

OC'ed CPU to a very small 4.0 ghz, and the GPU was OC'ed to about 1685 and 3560 on the memory

g-unit1111

Titan

He's had some real life family problems to deal with and said that he wouldn't be seen for a while, but will return when he can. Not sure about where nukemaster is.

It will use more power, and generate more heat (which means yet more power needed for cooling), making it a waste. Waste is never a good thing, whether of electricity, money, or in the diet.

(hey, you asked!)

5820k @ 4.0gh at stock voltage.
970 - +153 on core & +150 on memory with 0 mV added.

Onus, I agree....For someone like me who doesnt need the extra power and doesnt plan on upgrading cause Im saving....that makes sense. Just so you guys know, in less than a month i will have enough for a Fury X xD not that Im gonna get it.

Bossy - Thats a nice cpu :)

g-unit1111

Titan
Got my 970 Twin Frozr! Can't wait to see this beast of a card in action:

b6482d26-12b0-4a54-8bce-be6e5866b76c.jpg