The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 498 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
D

Deleted member 217926

It just took 24 minutes to go from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my new Dell laptop. At 12:03 it made the upgrade available. All my files and settings are intact. It was painless. I may not even bother with a clean install.

Dell Inspiron 5548
i5 5200U
8GB DDR3L 1600
Radeon R7 480GB SSD

Even the SSD manager is still there. That was awesome.

Well I try really hard too.....I want to become an airline pilot and I would love it, I just know that I also like money.....Dunno what to do now....kinda hit me a lot when everyone said its hard to do it.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Is there a performance Difference?

Yeah, it's basically impossible to do without the military. I would just pick a "normal" career path. Be an aerospace engineer and get a job working with a company that designs planes. Boom still get to mess with planes but have a real shot and getting good work and a good salary.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

I have my degree and college and whatnot lined up. :D

D

Deleted member 217926

Can't tell yet. It was crazy fast with the SSD anyway. Even my Steam install and games are still there. Color me impressed.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Either Cal Poly Pomona or UCR with a Degree in Information Assurance, which is both Cyber Secuirty(passion) and Business(Well, I was going for Business as a back up both ways)

I meant that what I want to go too. But I have talked with the professors at both of the colleges, I meet all of the requirements, and I have some extras that should ease applications.

I don't want to risk it xD. I really need a clean install....

Then do what I suggested. You will then be able to make enough money to get your pilots license and fly privately AND you get to work in the aviation industry.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Huh.. I've met a NSA director... Maybe I should try to remember his name(it was so forgettable... must be a part of the application :p)
I know from a few people that with this career, most are hired before the end of thier 4th year... There are some pretty cool connections... NSA, Raytheon, Boeing, Northrup Grumman... etc

Yeah, it's basically impossible to do without the military. I would just pick a "normal" career path. Be an aerospace engineer and get a job working with a company that designs planes. Boom still get to mess with planes but have a real shot and getting good work and a good salary.

I posted it earlier.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
I carried different binders for the subjects I took while in high school. Generally math, science, language/history, and electives. On the cover of each binder would be the a calendar for the class. I found carrying binders with me convenient because I would have the class material with me on the go at all times. I stayed behind in school many days of the week and would end up with extra time to study. I also used a large backpack which could fit everything I wanted and more. Water bottle, laptop, textbook(s), stationary, etc.

In the end it all depends on what works for you. Just make sure to find some way to organize yourself. And do not procrastinate.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
^Yep, my grades exponentially got better after organizing my schedule and knowing what to do, where it was, and when to do it. The difference was crazy once I started dropping my old habits and picking up better ones

Thanks Bossy. I loved that.

Tiny - Dunno...still on flying, dunno anything else. Im applying for jobs now....my dad wants me to apply to places like IN N OUT burger and stuff....Gonna be hard while doing school But I can do it. And im going to pick Weights because I wont be able to deal with work and baseball at the same time.