The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 502 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
I would be careful bossy. There have been a lot of scams taking place on that subreddit recently, here's part of the mod's anti scam guide:

" Identifying a scammer
1. There's no 100% efficient method to identify a scammer, but here are some tips ;
2. Did he contact you exclusively via PM ?
3. Ask him to make a post about the item he's selling.
4. Seller only accepts
Cryptocurrencies (ie : Bitcoins, DogeCoins, GabeCoins, etc..)
Google Wallet
Amazon Payments

5. Seller has a recent account ? (Less than 6 months)
6. Seller only have a few confirmed sales/purchases/trades ? (Less than 5-10)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/comments/2l4hdh/meta_due_to_the_metric_shitton_of_scammers/

g-unit1111

Titan

We should put this in the Classified section, some good pointers there.

Yeah the tesla. I drove it from a spot in the neighbour hood to the house...we were coming back from prayer and he had said earlier that I he would let me drive it but not today...suddenly he stops. Ok. drive. Haha that was for my 18 year old brother who drove probably 20 feet cause he was afraid. My dad was screaming and said " PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BREAK AND CLICK THE PARK BUTTON!! " Cause in the tesla the shifter is like this http://image.motortrend.com/f/60269490/2013-Tesla-Model-S-shifter-view.jpg

and my bro's hand was shaking and he was nervous and couldnt find that button on top xD After that my dad let me drive it all the way to the house and he put my profile on (Own profile so mirrors and seat and everything adjusts for you) cause I had set it up before. Hes like "Dont be too cocky" Haha but i was chill and drove it fine. I wasnt use to the break and accelerator response but it was a smooth ride. Steering was great.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Yeah, especially with that instant torque and no gears. Its linear, not punctuated with pauses for the gears to shift.

Just drove my moms car. Im so pissed...My bro said "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TAKE HIM DRIVING HE HAS 6 MONTHS TILL HE CAN GET HIS LICENCE!!! (December)" Actually, now, its 4 months, and I need the driving before my next lesson....ever since he got his permit yesterday, he's been all mister im the older one with priority....Gosh...Sorry for the rant

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
For our APUSH work, we have 20-ish ID's, a movie poster(relating to the thirteen colonies, doing Virginia and Tobacco with Clint Eastwood), and this chart/map thing....

I can't figure out where the Acura's hood ends. In other cars, it's easy, but this one....

g-unit1111

Titan

I'm still searching for the Z77 mITX motherboard I want before I can start building my ITX system. After that all I need is the case and PSU and I am set!