The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 597 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dark -Hahaha thanks for the laugh :lol: Although I wouldnt let gold-digging *Hoes* (Sorry for my language) get anywhere near my super car. Only my classy, beautiful girl....whenever I get one.

And I would not go to a club too xD ever.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I will now be laughing for the next half an hour over that statement.

It's the interior, its butt ugly... imo.

@Turkey
Does the air flow front to back or back to front? With a normal cooler, shouldn't it be back to front? or is that faulty logic..

LMAO

Front to back... Who on earth puts their exhausts in the front and their intakes in the back? :p

Might be a dyslexic configuration, where things are backwards. Airflow should pretty much always be as follows, unless you've got a top mounted PSU, in which case it's still pretty much the same aside from the location of the PSU.

2008izm.jpg

Anything different than that would be related to a liquid cooled configuration where there MIGHT be a top mounted radiator that's being used as an intake. I don't usually recommend doing that though since it forces you to pretty much use a single rear exhaust which is generally not a sufficient amount of exhaust for a system that's creating enough heat to need a liquid cooler.

g-unit1111

Titan

It'd better come in stick shift then! :lol:

After only one pass, they're already looking much better. A second pass, then tape off the frame and paint the blades. Hopefully they'll end up looking exactly like my mock up done in photoshop.

2ake45v.jpg

vdl4b5.jpg

Here's what they should look like, or pretty close, when finished. Would sure have been a lot easier if the darn blades would have been removeable like most fans are.

160bn82.jpg

Either way, looks a lot better than the stock Noctua colors.

D

Deleted member 217926

Looks great man! I imagine you already have the paints and stuff. I thought about getting a case Cerakoted but that would be a bit expensive and there's really no need for such a durable finish on a computer case.

Everything is rattle can. Dye and paint are all rattle can. Trying to do all of it for a build thread that can be done by the anyman, rather than using my spray guns and stuff that the average member isn't going to have access to. So far, so good. I wasn't liking my selection of pattern for the perforated sheet metal I used for the front grill at first, but it's growing on me as the build progresses.

I think slapping the G1 Gaming case badge in the center of the grill pushed it over into the "I like it" category from the "Eh, I don't know" category it was on. :)

(Yeah, that's pretty dry humor too)

D

Deleted member 217926

Duracote would be a better choice for a PC case than Ceracote anyway. It's cheaper and also easier to do cool designs with. Hydrographics would also look pretty cool. I think a few companies actually manage to do hydrographic patterns with Ceracote and Duracote.

I'm going to post one once it's all done. I'm taking images from every step of the process and plan to outline it all for the benefit of anybody who may want to get after their own build and change things up a bit or maybe pick and choose to do one or two mods here and there using some of the methods I used. Hopefully, it's helpful and adds another item of interest to the site.

Haven't done anything with either of those coatings. Maybe on a future build. At 35 bucks a can, hopefully only one color is all that's needed, and hopefully flat is ok, as I don't see it available in any other finishes. Maybe satin. There are no gloss duracoat finishes are there?

No, it will be air. I may do a custom loop at some point down the road, but for now I'll stay with my Noctua cooler that has been quite capable. I'm not trying to set any world records, I just like a fast, stable system that is also rather nice to look at. My main reasons for going with the Define S were the fact that there is no obstruction to airflow and it had lots of room to work. It also has pretty good management features and plenty of fan locations.

Those fans are looking good!

I too think the Veyron is fugly. I also don't really understand it. The Veyron Gran Sport Vitesse costs 2.2 million dollars. This is the fastest one and it did 288mph driven by some Chinese guy. Volkswagen (who built it) could only muster up 260mph or so. It has a goofy engine compiled of 2 W8 Passat engines glued together at the crankshaft and turbo charged. Total it is about 9 liters big. This sounds big, but it's nothing. There have been bigger American V8s for several decades. Also, it only makes about 1150hp. Which is frankly sad for an engine this size. Engines smaller than this can reliably make double the power for less money. The issue with this, is that those engines will not pass the VERY strict EU emissions standards. So, the Veyron is actually not the fastest car by a LONG shot. It is just the fastest one to get through emissions. That's all. Don't let anyone feed you that BS about aerodynamics. It is all power, and the veyron simply doesn't have enough of it. There are plenty of drag cars with 1970s American Muscle car bodies that do 270+ IN THE QUARTER MILE. The veyron needs 3 miles of road to even get to 250mph. There is an event every year called the Texas Mile. Vasically it's a mile long race to see who can put up the fastest top speed. There are several cars that have done 280mph in these events that are street legal. And again, these are generally normal looking street cars, not 2 million dollar super cars. PLUS, and this one is important. If you crash a veyron at 200+ you are dead with no hope of survival, but if you crash any of these purpose built cars at 200+ there is no chance you will die and actually little chance you will sustain any major injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o0-i3nVJXI here is a video of an early 2000s Camaro body doing 263mph in the mile. The veyron can only do 213mph in the mile. and that Camaro was still pulling hard when he pulled the chutes. That is a 300mph car easy on the 3 mile track they run the veyron on.

Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome car and I would love to drive one, but it is not really groundbreaking in any way.

Tiny - Thanks for the Info. Yeah I mean as I sad I like the car, but obviously its not the best Id rather have a ferrari or a lambo lol. One thing I may have to disagree with you is....I mean if you crash a car at 200mph you are most likely going to die, no?

Anyway what should the price of my first car be? I have 1000$ now and EVERYONE, even my uncles say get a car first, then a job, and then use that money for flying....which makes sense TBH. Problem is on carmax there are crappy old cars for like 8K and no way Im getting a car thats 8K!!!

Carmax is the worst place to buy a car. Don't even consider it. $5k will get you a good reliable car. I have done it several times. $8k is more than enough to get a good reliable car. $8k gets you a nice Honda Accord.

And no, people crash drag cars at WELL over 200mph and don't even break bones. They are WAY WAY WAY safer than any supercar.