The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 81 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I have nothing against overclocking at all. I have done it plenty myself. I used to have a Phenom 2 x4 965BE at 4.1ghz. I just don't see the need for overclocking modern CPUs. That's all. Just uses power. If that's not a concern than that's fine. Like I said, I never said I don't want you to overclock.

yeah well I guess we will know if the voltage is going down once i get a BSOD :p

Once I find the lower Voltage stable OC, Ill save it. If I ever want to get more Ghz like 4.2 or 4.4, Im going to have to raise the voltage to 1.25 at least.

This is a LARGE overclock on an aging CPU. I'm not surprised this makes a big difference in a VERY CPU intensive game like BF. I'm not saying overclocking is pointless, just that on a new CPU, an overclock like 3.4 to 4.0ghz is not likely to show much performance gain in most tasks/games.

I am saying an overclock FROM 3.4 TO 4.0.

Adding .6ghz to a new CPU will not likely get any performance gains, but in the case of Azzazel, he has a 2 generation old CPU with a 1.0ghz overclock on it. This will be 1000% more noticeable than a .6ghz overclock on a new CPU.

RussK1

Splendid

Not necessarily. Depends on the chip and what VID it calls for. A modest OC of 4GHz is 200MHz above the max turbo of the 4670K. He'll get get the stock VID the chip calls for with LLC on low...

It's perfect for someone that doesn't have a clue where to start and has to start somewhere. Asking a greenhorn to adjust a motley of voltages is asking for trouble. Better to get a "feel" first and take bigger steps later.

I know this is off topic but Im having trouble breathing. Top right rib cage hurts to take a deep breathe and im starting to have a short of breath. Any ideas? Hurts to take a deep breathe...happens a few times a year and lasts for 1 min but its been a few minutes now...

it went now...it hurt...I googled it, bunch of different answers.

I get this frequently when it is cold outside. My doctor said it is a few tiny air bubbles in the muscle tissue and happens to people all the time. Hurts like nuts but gets better. The only way to get it to go away is to take the deepest breath you can. Hurts bad but it makes it go away.

My doctor said people get this and when it is on the left, they think they are having a heart attack.

Tiny - Yeah I get it too....usually on the right side. I never thought of it being a heart attack but just curious what it is.....I tried taking a deep breath but the pain cut me off...

Azz - My dad is a Dr :p But hes asleep lol. And its 1 am so im sure everyone is closed

As for my Overclocking thing, Im running prime at 1.200v 4ghz so if thats stable, Im gonna call it a night and in the morning ill drop it lower.

Fuyukai

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
Hello, just a quick question. I have the following: i5 4670k, asus gtx770, samsung ssd evo 128gb pro, wd 1tb caviar black, corsair hydro h100l, corsair vengeance c70, gigabyte z87x-ud3h and 8gb 1600mhz corsair vengeance ram. What wattage should the PSU be? I was looking at corsair cs or rm 650w, would that be too much or not enough?

RussK1

Splendid

The 1st version release of the RM750 has been dicontinued... later models and the rest of the RM series have received positive reviews.

They use Ltec but so does Delta and you don't hear people complaining, because when it comes to quality Delta is top of the line.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

Fuyukai

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014

Are they really that bad? I've found opinions to be generally positive for the RM series. Unfortunately I don't have much money left to spend so I was just looking for a decent PSU to run everything. There's quite the price difference between the RM and HX/AX series.