The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 88 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Also, MDBA, most VERY clean builds using the h100i do not use the Corsair utility. Generally people skip it and this ditches that one cable, and they just plug the pump into the motherboard and control the fans whatever way they please. (motherboard usually).

I don't know why that happens with the LED. I have never used the software so I assume they just don't bother with the LED. Or it might run without Corsair link? like set it once and unplug the link? I don't know. Also, I just saw that alot of h100i owners don't even use the software so there must either be a way around the LED thing or they just don't use it. Its just an LED..

On your board, you could use a fan splitter and connect the CPU fans to sysfan3. It is right that the top right corrner of your board and you can hid the whole splitter under the board and then just leave enough slack to connect to the header. Exactly how I have my CPU fan splitter cable.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Well, I tried nvidia surround for the first time. I loved it. The bad part was that I had a 22" monitor (Which had a tiny stand) The 24" Dell monitor I had before was fine. I have to adjust the colours to match the ASUS 144hz monitor. Later this week, I'll prolly pick 1 more asus monitor and keep the dell with me, since they match.

Games like BF4, I was able to play on ultra at 40-50FPS and titanfall at 60 on fullest settings (Titanfall lags a lot in nvidia surround from my experience of gaming on it)

Another thing I found while re-putting my old dvd drive.......my hyper evo 212 heatsink is vibrating D:

I have 2 nzxt fans that came included with my phantom 410 case. I'm guessing the rubber pads I had, i messed them up, and they started not sticking. I threw them out and I think those were suppose to help prevent the fans from making the heatsink on vibrating. I'm not sure if it'll mess up the placement of the heatsink. Will it?

I'll prolly get myself a new heatsink if this will be bad for my CPU. I'll prolly end up getting a Noctua NH-D14.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

>.< The fact that you have money for this components makes me envious.

It probably a marketing thing so they can get more money. The new one built for OC is called Devil's Canyon. It has a new TIM and a few other goodies. Perhaps a better stock cooler? would be awesome(YET HIGHLY UNLIKELY) if it came with a AIO H2O cooler.

Again, the envy flows within me.

That's the thing, I really don't have money to just blow on upgrades that really won't change the user experience. I've had less time for games, so as much as I might appreciate Sonic Radar (I'm deaf in one ear, means NO SENSE OF DIRECTION for sound at all), I don't think I have enough time to make it worthwhile.

X99 is the new line of extreme boards. The current line-up is the X79 boards for Sandy Bridge-E, and Ivy Bridge-E.

Z97 is the new line of regular enthusiast boards. Current lineup would be Z87, and previously Z77.

Yeah that one is the most popular right now.

I'm only interested in mATX and mITX and I require high quality integrated Wi-Fi. Those are the criteria I will be considering when the new lineups hit retail.

Yeah, like even if that is too much of a hassle, I would love to see an integrated USB port on the motherboard. One down on the very bottom or something by the edge of the board so it doesn't interfere with anything, where you could add a wifi adapter without tying up an external usb port or a PCI slot.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Agreed. Besides, It's only like, 5 or 10 to them right. 15 to us BUT we save the hassle of going to a store to buy one or paying for separate S & H

My biggest thing is the interface. I don't want some tp-link third party crap running all the time in the background telling me there are networks in range. Just include it on the motherboard and add a driver to the website and install disk. Easy.