The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 91 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
So...wait. you can ship the case, but not the case with the motherboard/ CPU/ liquid cooler?

If I were you, and weight really does matter. I would leave the motherboard/CPU/ cooler in the case and maybe even the PSU. Then take the rest with you.

Onus - I like how you say ""Here"" :)

Tiny - Idk man....I dont think I want to buy a 3rd case lol, and Like I said, My dad is looking for a new job so we cant spend tons of money on this. We still havent decided if we want to ship the cases anyways...So I think I take the GPU and put it in its box and stuff....Hard drive is already screwed in....the rest I dont think is risky as its a dual chamber case and the mobo is in the center. Is this a good idea..pretty much what Tiny just said but im really worried...cant leave it here for a long time, there is a chance we will stay and live there and my parents wont be able to dis assemble it so i have to take it there, and leave it there.

Hm...I have the foam that came with the case...I have the wrap for the air 540...I also have the huge box that they put the case box in...so i can be extra safe...Hm...Id like to do this...Just worried IF IM ALLOWED and kinda a bit about the HDD....

Take the HDD out and carry it if you are worried. It takes more force than you might think to homogenize a HDD, so it isn't too much of a worry. Don't forget that prebuilt companies mail fully built computers all the time with no problems.

LOL everyone calls my town the People's Republic of Ellicott City/ Columbia. Welcome to MD. MY family and my GF's family are still there. It is a great place, it just is in no way like the rest of the US or even world. All those pre-planned perfect sheltered communities.

I like to VISIT California, but the taxes and costs of living there are completely bonkers. They also have many different rules and laws than other states. California is like it's own country. LOL. Beautiful place and I would love to live there if I could afford it one day.

Yeah it is sure pricey, but I live here in the UAE and it is WAY more expensive than there so we will save money BY moving there....even with taxes. There are no taxes here in the UAE but the cost of living is absurd. Ask Lutfij, He knows. Or maybe it was cheaper a bit over a decade ago but still. I was born in Anaheim, Thats why I love cali so much :D But Ive also been to many other places like boston, New york, Chicago, North Carolina, Texas (airport for this one lol) and many more, but I just forgot. Been a while

Nanny state in full effect. I have a friend in Columbia, and family in Baltimore and Frederick counties. When you visit, just be sure to keep a close watch on your wallet, and remember the local parasites have voided the 2nd Amendment there and not been put down for their treason yet.

My family isn't much for sports. If anything my parents will put on the Raven's game or if either of their colleges are playing football, their game too.

Of course I prefer motorsports, which are not well televised at all here so I watch those online.

Motorsports, Go figure ;) yeah they dont air those a lot but they sure are fun. I know this isnt a motor sport and is just a show, but do you like top gear? UK of course. I just think you will always be pissed at prices of cars that you can make better than and paying less :p

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

If youre not out of control youre not in control.

I'm not a big F1 fan mostly because of politics and that only teams with money can win. F1 peaked between 1978 and 1995. I prefer WRC, Rolex sports car series and stuff like that.

I love top gear UK. The news seasons aren't very good though. Too much mindless, not funny, rehashed jokes and destroying junk. Top gear used to be a car show with some goofy antics but now it is a comedy show with some cars in it. Anything pre season 14 is my favorite.

I dont keep up with Top Gear cause it doesnt air here. Not anymore. The only thing I watch on TV is like Nat Geo / Discovery type of stuff. While eating, of course....cant watch nat geo without food :p

We were, way back when. Since the retirement of the more "legendary" players, and manager Earl Weaver, plus at least one baseball strike, we've pretty much lost interest in baseball. Also, they're an American League team, which instituted a "Designated Hitter" rule in which the pitcher no longer bats.
I still remember as a kid sitting in my father's car the day Dave McNally (LHP) swatted a grand slam home run.