The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 92 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Tiny - I like that quote. Its pretty cool.

Onus - Sucks to see you lost interest. Well, Oriels arent such a great team...Im an Angels fan...But, they are already doing crappy and the season started less than a week ago.

Computer.

The Orioles used to be a fantastic team, but as those old players retired, and particularly since the retirement of Earl Weaver (who recently died), they've slid into a hole from which I don't sense a recovery any time soon. I'm glad Cal Ripken is doing well in his post-career endeavors. He was (and remains) an absolute class act, unlike so many celebrities today.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Hmmmmm, could someone give me a good suggestion on a anitvirus? Some websites said that Kaspersky is pretty good, but are there others I should look at?

I sorry to bother the convo D: plz forgive

Daniel - No problem. WE ARE the ones off topic :p I recommend Norton or Kasper. Norton is my choice though. Great piece of software

Onus - Same with the angels. 200 angels were the best. Garret anderson, Vladimer garrero, Davix Xtine, Troy gloss, Ugh, all of them are amazing. They won the world series ONCE.....Ah the good old days. I remember the last base ball game before We moved here in 05...my fav player caught the ball RIGHT infront of me. I went to the all star game 2 years ago. Whenever im in the US, Atleast 1 BB game.

Computer. Back on topic. I havent checked to see if my H100i in PUSH has gotten dust inbetween..too lazy to check.

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

Time to play salesmen,
We sell Avira which is currently ranked #2 under one of the government programs we cant get.

AV programs like Norton, Kasper, and MacAfee are all memory hogs. I would never recommend them.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Lol, buzz killed the fun haha.

I'll check AVG out, I had good luck with them.

Was looking for a replacement for my heatsink. The vibration is still there and it makes some tiny buzzing noise. Prolly going with a AIO cooler, like the corsair h80i

Sadly I have the nzxt phantom 410 and I already have 140mms and no AIO will fit with a 280mm size.

Mathieub - Salesmen :p What do you mean by memory hogs? I mean you have 32gbs so memory shouldnt be a problem...

Anyway, I still say Norton. Never heard of Avira but Im sure its great. What do you mean by ""Government programs we cant get."" Why cant we get it?

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

Well I work for a PC store you guys just are not my clients :p, Well for me its not a problem running 32gb of ram but the average user with 4gb of ram takes a huge hit on it. The government has some AV software we just cant get our hands on simple as that.

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

Its doing well, no debt anymore so everything extra after monthly bills is pure profit.

I have an h60 and honestly I hate it alot. It doesn't cool better than an air cooler half its price. I got it for $17 and I wouldn't pay a penny more. $60 is stupid for this level of cooling even with good fans. I'm putting this cooler on my Girlfriend's computer when I give her my i5 in a few weeks before she goes away for the summer. She will be getting the h60 because it does the job and will be MUCH better to mail than an air cooler.

I remember decades ago a Mad Magazine satire called "Basebore" which they turned into "Basebrawl" in an attempt to liven up the game. For example, one of the changes they suggested was that batters would keep their bats, to assist them when running the bases. Base-stealing also became literal.

Tiny - Well, yeah an H60 isnt great and its kinda old but the H100i Is great :) If you say the H60 is stupid for the price, how is the H100i? Absurd? Just curious as to what you guys think. Overall, I love my system

*Mumbles that he wishes he knew about the ROG hero and should have got a 770*

Yeah, I love it. :p Jokes aside, its great. Im happy with the purchases. I think it roughly $1500

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

Im not saying it the #1 hog its still not acceptable memory loss upon usage for just base home users.

My friend's dad has a PC parts recycling business. I will be selecting from and buying whichever i5 he has at the time. My friend lets his buddies know when his dad gets working parts. I got this i5 from him. He usually only gets prebuilt office PCs so I will be looking at CPUs like 3330, 3350, 3450, 3570, 3470. Whatever it is, it will cost me $50. If I'm really lucky he will have a 2500k or a 3570k but those are VERY rare for him to come across.

For the cooler, I will probably be using an air solution from Phanteks.

On the h100i; it is a fine cooler, but for the money, in my opinion, it is a waste. You can have the same performance for less money, and less noise at load.

Tiny - Lucky you! about the H100i, I know I paid $95 for it, I know I could have got the same performance for a cheaper price, But, about the sound, This thing makes NO SOUND. Not at all. Cant even hear it, hard to believe? Yeah, only the fans as they are the high performance ones. Thats all i hear. Never the pump or the res. As for air coolers, I Hate the way they look. I went for performance and looks on this one :) No loss there. I was willing to pay the price, literally.

Edit: I think its not a fine cooler, its an amazing one. 4ghz, 27-29c, Been on all day

For the price of an h100i and those fans, you could have had an air cooler (same performance), and enough left over money to get a solid upgrade on another part. I'm not saying it is a bad cooler, just that the money could be better spent.

Also, when people talk about how water coolers are loud, they are talking about fan noise, NOT pump noise.

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

zkplhj.jpg

RussK1

Splendid

Cali is great. I'm from Orange County... currently live in Mass. but will always have a place in my heart for So. Cal.!

TRENDING THREADS