The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 271 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
What sport seats are they?

If they are the roadster sport seats, DO NOT get them. They are basically a metal bucket with a skin on them and NOT comfortable at all. They would be incredibly miserable for daily driving duty.

If the yare just the higher-bolstered leather option, those are fine. Still less comfortable than the stock seats, but not nearly as bad as the roadster seats.

Those are just the high bolster leather option. The one I drove had them. Very comfy for small-ish people. I'm 5'9" with broad shoulders and my shoulders didn't fit in the bolsters.

I would go to the dealer and sit in them first. Many people complain about the shoulder bolsters.

Well they have some fuzzy material here and there and a grey stripe along the edges and those shoulder things. But my dad is 6.2 or 6.1 and he test drove it (normal seats) and it was ok, but the thing is....we cant go sit in a dealer, no time, and we dont want to wait another 3 weeks. Im sure it will be fine.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
When people ask me if I can drive, I say not legally. I also say that I can **technically** drive stick, thought I do NOT want to prove that theory yet. We are doing so called bandwidth on Friday, AKA gaming. Testing if our crap wiring can hold up to gaming, so we know we can download tools. Hey, it works, and it loads off stress.

We had a friend who told us all he could drive stick for years. Since we were all in highschool. Only this last summer did we throw him in my car. He promoted to roll backwards 50 feet and complain about the clutch. He hasn't said anything about driving stick since, although he has actually learned it....Not in my car :lol:

Yeah I would go check the seats but my dad leaves for work at 5 am, drives a total of like 115 miles every day, gets home at 7. He gets tired and has no time. I did sit in the seats at the dealer 4 moths ago, one with the performance seats...wasnt bad at all. But thats me, the dude on the phone today told my dad it does have a better grip and keeps you in place, trust me, my dad cares so much about comfort so if he says he will like it, he probably will.

The Performance seats use alcantara in order to provide more "grip". They are comfy, but wear VERY fast. I';m sure if you are careful with them they will be fine, but comments seem to show them wearing FAST.

The seats are one of the things people "put up with" in these cars. GO read the tesla forum. The seats are not of the main selling points of the car as they are not great for the money. This is not the reason people buy these cars though.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Our '07 tl has really worn out seats. The leather is totally cracked in the front and you can see the foam inside when the seat covers are off. The back seats are just plain dirty, but are also cracked. We don't have the money to get that fixed if at all possible. We also are getting a B15 service code, which when I looked up...:

Replace engine oil*1 and oil filter
Inspect front and rear brakes
Check parking brake adjustment
Inspect tie rod ends, steering gear box, and boots
Inspect suspension components
Inspect driveshaft boots
Inspect brake hoses and line (including ABS)
Inspect all fluid levels and condition of fluids
Inspect exhaust system#
Inspect fuel lines and connections#
*1: If the message "SERVICE DUE NOW" does not appear more than 12 months after the display is reset, change the engine oil every year.
#: See information on maintenance and emissions warranty in the first column on page 277 of your owner's manual.
Independent of the maintenance messages in the multi-information display, replace the brake fluid every 3 years.
Inspect idle speed every 160,000 miles (256,000 km).
Adjust the valves during services A, B, 1, 2, or 3 if they are noisy.
Wee bit scary/

Ugh, then when we reverse out of the driveway, there is a weird sound, like the gears are grinding. In any other place, reverse makes no sounds. Trying for my mom to go to the mechanic, but my school schedule and meetings with her meetings are horrible, and we have no time to ourselves. Mergh, when Winter break comes...

Does the reverse make like a whining sound?

Acura/Honda is notorious for their 03-09 leather seats drying out and cracking.

I'm a big advocate of proper tires. I cannot tell you how many people I see driving around on too worn or under inflated tires. So dangerous its insane.

I know but it should be fine. No little kids will be in it and, come on, we didnt want to wait more. Anyway, Ive been studying since 3pm (after school) and Still am...Gotta get some more spanish things memorized for my oral test tomorrow and ill be busy until noon of the 19th , cause THATS AFTER MY LAST FINAL AND I GET 3 weeks off WOOOOOO!

Anyway, Back to work. Night.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

It has never happened before. And what's weirder is that it only happens AT THIS ONE TIME EVERY SINGLE DAY.

d34th - What? What means nothing. I cant tell if you are saying the model s sucks and the GTR is better (I really dont care lol) or if you're saying that the GTR beating the tesla means something....clarification please?