Question the pc shuts down suddenly and does a weird noise

yyoussef101

Commendable
May 23, 2020
Hello, i have an issue with my computer, the pc shuts down suddenly and does a weird noise and if i tried to start the pc again the fan does a loud noise and nothing works with a black screen, and it keeps like that till turning off the pc and waiting almost 20 minutes after that if i turned on the pc again everything starts to work fine, after a few hours the same thing happens again, sometimes everything freezes without shutting down.

note i'm not sure where the problem comes from, it maybe from the power supply or not, i didn't find the right place to post the question.

thanks

Hello, i have an issue with my computer, the pc shuts down suddenly and does a weird noise and if i tried to start the pc again the fan does a loud noise and nothing works with a black screen, and it keeps like that till turning off the pc and waiting almost 20 minutes after that if i turned on the pc again everything starts to work fine, after a few hours the same thing happens again, sometimes everything freezes without shutting down.

note i'm not sure where the problem comes from, it maybe from the power supply or not, i didn't find the right place to post the question.

thanks

What parts? What PSU?

What does the loud noise sound like? High RPM or a rattle? Does the fan stop working after a while?

yyoussef101

Commendable
May 23, 2020
Here's the service manual: https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/B1cEeKjqcPS.pdf

Open it up and see where the noise is coming from.

You never did define what "loud noise" meant, BTW.

I can't know now where the loud fan comes from cause now everything is fine but i think it cames from the fan above the processor
here's an example of what i meant by the "loud noise"
go for 1:17
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxW5miF7E7s

and sorry for the late response.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The fan above the psu is also the fan for the cpu cooler, it draws air through it. If this is the loud one your pc (cpu) probably overheats. Think you need to put some fresh paste between the cooler and the cpu. Also might be good to clean the cooler.After this see if it helps.

yyoussef101

Commendable
May 23, 2020
The fan above the psu is also the fan for the cpu cooler, it draws air through it. If this is the loud one your pc (cpu) probably overheats. Think you need to put some fresh paste between the cooler and the cpu. Also might be good to clean the cooler.After this see if it helps.

i did that a few weeks ago, cause the problem started a month ago then i cleaned the pc and putted the paste, the problem disappeared but it came back a few days ago.
and by the way everything is fine now but the problem may come back again.