The Razer Blade is a Stunning New 17" Gaming Laptop

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Lol, first you defend Apple and now this thing... funny.

I get it, I get it... it's a ultra-portable gaming machine for very rich people. Fine. Now I want a little bit less portable version of this thing with a quad-core, high-end GPU... keep the SSD, I ain't paying for this... and don't forget an ODD. And make it cost... fine, let it cost a bit more then the same config from Asus or Sager. Consider this a premium for the Switchblade panel and a nice design.

Also, I really want a netbook with a similar design..

@all people wishing a NumPad instead of Switchblade pad: NO. First big laptop I see without one, AT LAST. I don't have ANY use for the wretched thing. It's an offspring of a cash register and needs to be purged from laptops. This looks much nicer and can be much more useful.

AppleBlowsDonkeyBalls

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]TBH, I like the look of the Blade over the Sager and the Sager looks kinda thick...like any other me-too laptop. The Asus' that can be had for so much less are all plasticy and cheap looking feeling. They are certainly not as portable as the Blade. ...but what do I know, I have a 15" Apple MacBook Pro that I actually like...so I clearly must be a moron.[/citation]

Yeah, and I like the aesthetics of the Sager a lot more and I hate the stupid LCD display it has to the right of the keyboard. Your point? Asus' new lines of gaming laptops are MUCH bigger than both the Sager and the Razer, in both chassis size and weight. And just so you know, the Razer is made mostly of matte plastic, just like the Asus. The Sager is made both of matte plastic and aluminum, and definitely does not look cheap at all.

Oh, and MacBook Pros suck because of the price. Still, even being as overpriced as it is, the 17" MBP model is better bang-for-buck than this.

halcyon

Splendid

Well, now we're being subjective, as far as what one prefers. I have a 15" HR MacBook Pro, so I'm not in the market. I like the Razer's design, though better than Sager's. ...but Sager offers great bang for the buck, as I understand it. ...and the MacBook Pro sucks, for you, because of price...eh?

G

So it's ok for some random schmuck to spend $2k+ on a Macbook Pro but not ok to spend the equiv on a PC laptop with better specs and a unique interface?

Also, if you cant afford it.. work harder/smarter or stick to the gaming rig you love and can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS