The Tom's Hardware 2016 Gift Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can attest to the value of the ArctiClean Solution for quickly, painlessly and efficently removing thermal paste. I brought some back in 2005 and I still have some left over and it still works.

Well, things like a long list of pictures tend to work well as a slideshow, so . . .

I like the KMC1 best of all the portable speakers I've tried. It doesn't have quite as many features as the other speakers I've used, but it has a better sound quality and sound profile than any others, even speakers costing twice as much.

alextheblue

Distinguished
The AtGames "Sega Genesis console" is powered by a horrible emulator. In particular the sound emulation is complete crap. If you're gonna use an emulator, a high-accuracy PC-based emulator like Fusion (Kega Fusion) provides near-perfect emulation and has optional filters to improve the visuals on modern displays. Guess I'm a snob. Anyway you can get a real Genesis for fairly cheap.

The rubber anti-vibration fan "screws" are rubber, silicone ones tend to hold up better IMO.

alextheblue

Distinguished

It's probably fine if you've never used a real Genesis. If you have, you're going to HATE the poor sound emulation. Read the reviews on Amazon. It gets worse... I've read multiple sources that say it doesn't support saving. I would like to know if it instead has save states (emulation term). If it has neither it isn't worth a nickel!

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007

You can probably buy a half litre of Isopro for the same price and does as good a job.

Andrew_217

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
baby wipes work awesome for that too if you happen to have some handy i bought a whole packet of them cause I'm frequently doing and removing pasting on computers

vonbose

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
I have a mechanical keyboard almost identical to that Nixeus Moda v2 Mechanical Keyboard. The buttons have a lot of resistance to them and I actually swapped it out after a couple months, because it was giving me tennis elbow.

whtfish

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I do miss the models of yore, but I suppose it is 2016. Still very happy to see the gift guide this year, thanks!

Meh. I buy things based off features, quality, and price, not by how much skin is showing in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.