The Tom's Hardware Best PC Builds Giveaway

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anxiousjedi

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017

I'm having trouble with this as well.

morankai

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I gots my fingers and toes crossed for this one. I've been using ya'll to help me troubleshoot for some time now but never made an account just searched ya'lls forums. They almost always have the answer. Thanks for the years of help!

Hmm, sorry I missed it, _Johnny5. Between some health issues keeping me away from "sit there and read tech news until an actual issue arises" (cough cough, I mean... Work productively, obviously) and serious problems accessing Tom's Hardware on mobile, I haven't been around as much. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

DeLorean 2017

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016

Might be a glitch.

Hi,

The email I just got clearly says: and I quote:
To sweeten the deal for you, we're running Summer Giveaways with thousands of dollars in prizes of epic hardware, gaming consoles, and tech that we know you want - and all you have to do to enter to win is log in.

Now, I'm from Sweden and how does this sweetens my deal?
Since it is clearly, after I read the terms in smaller letters, not affect any country outside USA?

Please be more specific beforehand and don't send out any promise winning-things via a mass letter outside the USA - unless You can keep the promised.
How many regular member does tom's has outside of the USA? Must be thousands...

Best regards from Sweden :(

I am sorry for my poor english.

Bubunya

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
"Login to your existing account
******@mail.com
has already been used to log in to Gleam.
Please login to your linked account: TwitchTV" ???

Em... I did something wrong?

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Logging into Gleam should not be necessary to enter the competition. You should only have to input your public profile id number int he input box on the widget. Going to double check on that now.

Bubunya

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015

It seems like it is necessary.
After public profile ID was entered it asked me 'bout first-last name and email.
And then I got this message.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Originally the giveaway was going to close today, but we've extended it to Monday. I'll draw the winning entries on Tuesday and hopefully have all the prizes shipped out by the 30th of this month :bounce:

LewisMason

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014

Sounds good, thanks for the quick response. :D

Brogni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Woops, I thought Public ID # initially meant my User ID and I put Brogni and it somehow accepted it xd, any chance I can re-do the entry?

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

I'll take care of it, no worries :)

sceypt

Commendable
Aug 14, 2017
Well believe and achieve. On monday I shall believe and I shall achieve, winning all 7 computers. ill donate my 650 ti after winning ;)

Clunker

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
I love Tom's Hardware, but I hate GLEAM with a freakin passion. Why should I have to register on another site to win a contest on this site? It's bad enough that GLEAM wants my email address to send me spam (which you know is how that site is making money), but GLEAM also wants to "See who you follow, and follow new people, Update your profile, and Post Tweets for you." Screw you Gleam.

I respectfully boycott this giveaway and the virus that is GLEAM.

Brogni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

thank you m'lord

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

If you can recommend another raffle giveaway system I'd be happy to look into it.

D

Deleted member 2121781

As much as I love the "Best PC Builds", I think it would be interesting to see a "Worst PC Builds" competition. Maybe a 1Ghz Pentium 3 or Athlon... or Celeron/Duron. Throw in a GeForce 6200 with a cardboard box chassis, a cheapo PSU (Logisys, Apevia, etc.), some ancient 16-18Gb HDD, and a fresh copy of Windows 10. Good to go ;)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Good to start a fire :hot:

Pretty sure there would be some pretty interesting legalities if someone was sent that.

*EDIT* On second thought, that could well be a contest run outside of the US (and Canada). You'd need somewhere with a less "lawsuit" culture if you dared ship that anywhere! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.