The Tom's Hardware F@H Team Thread (Team 40051)

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sailer

Splendid
Apr 9, 2006
I've been gone a lot, having to shuffle between two hospitals and getting two eye surgeries done. A third is in the works, this time on my spine. MS can be a huge problem at times. I've left the computers running and folding when I'm gone. I came home yesterday and noticed today that my PPD has taken a huge drop. At least the "Advanced Control" is showing a huge drop. By huge, I mean my computers are only getting 1/10th of the PPD that they normally produce. Even my 2080 TI card is showing only 256k PPD. Is anyone else showing a big drop in PPD? And does anyone know if this is just a temporary blip in the Stanford servers, or is it a permanent adjustment to PPD numbers by Stanford?

ThePretzelGuy_jr

Reputable
Jul 31, 2016
So,
I've been lurking and folding on.

Looking to upgrade
currently running two 980Ti (@73 & 81C) with i7-7700K@4.2Ghz (74C)
this gives me abt 900K PPD if I don't go on vacation and shut down or if a windows update doesnt trash my machine.

Been thinking about going to a single water cooled 2080Ti and also a water cooled i9-9900K@3.6Ghz

Will the single 2080 do better than the two 980s?????
or should I wait for the next generation of cpu & gpu?

PretzelGuy

ASK THE COMMUNITY